Attention, CICADA community!
  • It’s time to say goodbye—the community at cicadamag.com is now closed. Learn more...
Sign in to follow this  
X_of_Coins

Book suggestions?

Hello,

So I read a lot so this may or may not be an easy question. Looking for new books to read. I'll be honest I really like books with odd musicians. And the rest is all fantasy stuff. 

Soo what do you like to read?

Don't know if these are the kind of books you're looking for, but:

Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (her other books are good too)

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Hope this is helpful :)

do you want lgbt books? bc i can do that (most of the lgbt books i've read have wlw, bc i am a lesbian)

gay books i've read:

that's most of the good ones i've read! but tbh add me on goodreads to see all of them!!! (my goodreads @ is finiteforest)

• Like 2

he/him pronouns please!
butch dysphoria is real

2 hours ago, mousecircus said:

beauty queens, libba bray wlw characters + trans girl character. not about romance

I just read Beauty Queens. Aaaaah it was so good! Appreciated the gay sideplot a ton.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@mousecircus @Over the Rainbow I read beauty queens, too, and loved it SO much. definitely recommend also for the crazy plotline and commercial breaks. 

Also awesome that I’ve reread about 10 times in a week; In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan. The main character is a *very* bi Sassy Little Shit, there’s multiple gay characters, and it’s got misandrist elf civilization. Also mermaids and harpies and dwarves. And a school play. If you’re not sold by now, get tf out.

Edited by queenie_flower
Grammar is nice sometimes
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, queenie_flower said:

@mousecircus @Over the Rainbow I read beauty queens, too, and loved it SO much. definitely recommend also for the crazy plotline and commercial breaks. 

Also awesome that I’ve reread about 10 times in a week; In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan. The main character is a *very* bi Sassy Little Shit, there’s multiple gay characters, and it’s got misandrist elf civilization. Also mermaids and harpies and dwarves. And a school play. If you’re not sold by now, get tf out.

Gay? School play? Fanta-say? That sounds perfect! I'm at the library right now, I'll check it out if its available.

Just now, Over the Rainbow said:

I'm at the library right now, I'll check it out if its available.

Update: it's checked out! boo.

Sign in to follow this