file at the end contains The Lore(tm)

Prompt: something has just been summoned, and nobody has a fucking clue what to do with it or how to put it back, or what even went wrong.
Current setting: Dark-ass storage closet where 2-4 friends had chalked up a summoning circle. It's suddenly very fucking cramped (thanks something), and oh shit the candles might set something on fire. What now? Ew, otherworldly hand. Right in the face. Y'all stop fucking screaming.

Name: Radish (Rad)
Gender/Pronouns: good luck trying to keep up. stick with they/them to avoid 'i dont know what gender is but im going to try them all' confusion.
Species: the demon that came out of the fucking floor
Height: 5'3"
Appearance: http://bit.ly/2DzOtkw Surprisingly humanoid. Blame it on chameleon capabilities, probably. Blonde hair, vaguely bluish-brown skin. Too-long sharp nails and teeth + stereotypical forked tongue, but very blue. Tall by the standards of wherever they came from, but by human standards rather short. Vows vengeance but can't change physical appearance in this dimension. Clothes resemble the uniform to a British guard at Buckingham, but in royal purple and without the silly hat. Later they probably discover the comforts of hoodies and jeans.
Applicable Quirks: In literally any other scenario, Rad could unload almost any language they pleased. This good-for-nothing human dimension, however, limits them to English and Latin. At least Latin is great for spells.
Quick Backstory: Underling of a hegemonic rule, they were one of the king's guards. Hey, at least it came with a nifty outfit.
Weapons Abilities: Quarterstaff.
Powers: Focus is an emerald in their staff, bronzed wood magically bent around it so it isn't visible. To use it, Rad's kinetic energy set is a series of martial arts steps that flow much like shadowboxing would.

"Ow, FUCK."

buckle up yall.docx

buckle up yall.docx

Edited by drowntown

holla holla get dolla

this sounds amazing?? im in ofc

Name: Voss Schulz.
Age: In this timeline? Probably 19 or 20. Because this sounds like something he'd have to be young + dumb enough to do.
Gender/Pronouns: Demiboy, they/them or he/him. Pick either one to stick with or just mix it up, he doesn't care all that much.
Species: Human. A magic user from a family who uses magic in a pretty chill way.
Height: 6'0''.
Appearance: (They're a D&D character of mine, so congrats, y'all get the 3D model: https://www.heroforge.com/load_config%3D1133247/) He'd be wearing a tank top and board shorts in this story, though. The druid-y get up is for Certified Adventures. He has a good number of scars on his hands, though.
Applicable Quirks (accent, biases, languages spoken, phobias, etc): He's a major fan of the ocean, so the whole 'salt water mixed with ocean breeze is pretty much a disaster for magic' thing really gets him down sometimes. His solution? Just kinda go anyway, but leave all his stuff behind somewhere safe. He's a pretty chill dude, but he's serious when it comes to anyone getting hurt.

Quick Backstory: Here studying magic because he wants to do something more with it than what he's already been taught. And apparently summoning an otherworldly creature counts. Even though the main thing he wants is to figure out if he can get inert folks to see auras, since his sister's inert and they feel that she should get to feel more included.
Weapons Abilities: He has a ton of simple rings with various gems and sigils on them. He usually keeps them on a small staff with holders at both ends to keep the rings on, but sometimes he just wears the rings around because carrying around a jingly staff is 'not really my style'. Thus, the scars from magical discharges?
Powers: Already mentioned above. In the D&D campaign I have him in, he uses mental focus and precision rather than any sort of kinetic energy set, but I can say with full certainty that he would do the cotton eyed joe if he had to.

"Why are you yelling about getting hurt, I just got a demon claw to the face," he protested, already trying to push whatever Avatar-like creature the group summoned away. Evan though that would probably knock them right into the person standing across from Voss. Fuck. He tried to just steady the demon instead.

Edited by conradbirdie

current number of classic lit characters ive gone out of my way to project on and reason out why they might be gay: 8

"How was I supposed to know I'd get summoned by GIANTS?" Whatever scrabbling hands happened to be shoving at them would be probably about at the side of their head or shoulders and, with a high center of gravity, Rad was about set to fall right the fuck over. Waving their hands about, when Voss tried to steady them he'd caught their elbow, and Rad roughly went to shake him off. "Alriiiiiight, eNOUGH of the manhandling! You want some fuckin' wishes? Start wishin' I ain't gonna eat yer fingers like fish sticks, homie."

Edited by drowntown

holla holla get dolla

Name: Nikolai Helge
Gender/Pronouns (if applicable): male, he/him
Species: At least ¼ elf, but is otherwise human. Nobody's sure the exact fractional amount.
Height: 6’2”
Appearance (plus a visual reference if you’ve got one): Very lanky, just past chin-length hair that’s usually under control but occasionally gets put in a (subtle) man bun. Kind of angular face, high cheekbones and sharp jaw, etc. Dark brown hair, weirdly light green eyes. Freckles for days. Has been described as “pretty.”
Applicable Quirks (accent, biases, languages spoken, phobias, etc): Doesn’t have an accent unless he’s really tired or been talking to his family a lot, but then a little Scandinavian accent is there if you listen. Not scared of the dark, but hates being surrounded by a lot of metal. Can't do magic when touching metal. Claustrophobic. Loves being outside, can climb trees really easily from years of doing it. Vegetarian, but will go back on his own rules for some really good bacon.
Quick Backstory: He’s studying magic because like he never grew out of that weird puberty phase where it just kinda... screws around with your emotions etc. His older sister thinks it's precious, but it isn't. It's annoying. Not inertist but has just not met a bunch of inert people. 
Weapons Abilities (if applicable): Not really strong or coordinated but is unparalleled in the act of running away.
Powers? (if applicable): mainly centered around plants/stealth. Has disappeared from sight a few times. Will occasionally spark randomly, blow leaves off of entire plants. Greatest feat was tearing up a sidewalk because of weeds growing in the cracks. Focus can't be metal, as Nik learned through some serious burns and temporary inertia. Now it's a collection of wooden and stone bracelets (only about 1/8 inch wide) on each wrist. He normally only wears one or two at a time per wrist. 

Nik didn’t want to be here, but he figured there were worse ways to spend a Saturday night. That is, until a FUCKING DEMON came out of the FLOOR. Now, he stood behind the... creature? with his palms out, even though he probably couldn’t hurt a dandelion at the moment. But what... it said was interesting. Nik might not believe in luck, but wishes were another matter.

”um, what kind of wishes are we talking about?”

Edited by queenie_flower
character rebirth

"Dude, take a breather, chillax, do some meditation, just-" Voss leaned over enough to shoot a pointed look at Nik. Admittedly, they barely knew the guy, but they weren't just going to stand around and let someone get dangerously close to making a deal with a demon. "Hey. How about we stop for a moment before we knock down any candles and assess this situation." He started to lean down a little to speak to the demon more face to face, but considering the threat of fingers being bitten off, straightened up again to get his nose out of biting range. "What's your name? And- Actually, yeah, I second what Nikolai said. What do you mean, 'wishes'?"

current number of classic lit characters ive gone out of my way to project on and reason out why they might be gay: 8

At the mention of candles, Radish passive-aggressively snuffed them all out with an ill-advised stomp of their staff. "You talkin' bout chillin? Try getting slurped straight outta yer own dimension, buddy." Exhaling pointedly, they scuffed one foot over the chalk of the summoning circle, trying to break the marks holding them inside it. "Makin' a joke, fuckers. I can't do wishes for free. That's genie bullshit. You wish for ordinary things like maybe not gettin' extremities chomped on and you oughta hope I'm in a good mood because I ain't bound to do what any a y'all's say."

holla holla get dolla

Oh, fabulous, the demon had plunged the entire closet into darkness. Sure, Voss got why the little dude was so pissed off, but this felt more like dealing with a fussy toddler than an armed and dangerous creature that melted out of the floor. Voss was desperately hoping to keep it that way. So he tutted disapprovingly as he grabbed one of the candles up again and lit it with his fingers. "Sorry for, uh, slurping you? How about we- Fuck." He tried to kick the demon's feet away from the marks as best he could. "How about you stay there, okay, bud? We'll get you un-slurped. Somehow. But getting the school faculty on your ass 'cause you're running wild might not be the best solution here."

"Yeah? Fuck?" They scuffed at the lines again, eyes narrowing. "Yer in a fuckin' school? Buncha amateur majyykers up in my business? Bet y'all didn't even aim for summoning me, either?" A grin began curling across Rad's face, slice of sharp white teeth reflecting in the dim candlelight, as would any demon considering conquering a dimension they perceived weaker than them. "An' you had the gall to stick yer foot directly inside the circle? D'ya even know what you're workin' with? Try it again. Dare ya." Radish edged their foot towards the chalk (and really, whose idea was chalk for summoning circles? Sure, it may be semi-inert in its earthen properties but seriously, what a fragile thing) pointedly while raising their staff two inches off the floor, poised.

holla holla get dolla

Voss made a face, even though they were pretty sure it was barely visible in the candlelight. "Uh- Nik, right? Do you mind just flicking on that light switch right there? Just- A little more light would be much appreciated right now." Voss was uncomfortably aware of how sharp this demon's teeth were. Even though they shouldn't have been surprised, considering this was a genuine demon they were talking about. "Whoa there, buckaroo. I'd highly recommend letting us just shoot you on back to wherever you came from, okay? I won't get in your, uh, personal space bubble of magic tat shouldn't be fucked up. And you'll answer a few questions so we can figure out how to get you back. Deal?" They paused for a moment, before amending their words. "I'm not going to shake. This is a verbal deal." All the better to try and keep their fingers safely unchomped. But then a bell rang out, and even if Voss didn't start swearing again, their eyes showed all that distress anyway. "Okay, so- Demon-dude. Would you like to stay in here, or would you like to come back to my dorm room? Because the school's getting locked up, and if you want to come somewhere that's not going to get below freezing in less than an hour, you're going to need to play nice."

Nikolai flipped the light switch, watching the demon's teeth. This wasn't ideal. Voss had been scratched by the demon, and while actively trying to not have it happen again was a good idea, he needed to get that looked at. "Let's go back to your dorm. Better light, and more materials so we can figure out what the hell happened." He shifted his weight, stepping back towards the demon with his palms out. He hoped his hands weren't shaking. It was weird enough he didn't have a regular object to channel his power, much less anything metal. His mom had been worried that he was inert when he couldn't perform magic with the standard metal equipment. That really didn't matter right now. What mattered was not having his hands eaten by a demon, because then they'd both be screwed. "And no offense, man, but majority rules, here. Let's go. Maybe not to a dorm room, but out of this place." Nik glanced at the smeared chalk lines again, and then over to the stack of books and loose papers stuck in a haphazard pile. Maybe they could figure out what went wrong. "And yeah, some answers would be nice. Believe me, we want you back where you came from as much as you do. I mean, I'm sure you're great, um, but we just.... you want to go back. Yeah." He flexed his fingers briefly, sparks flying for a second. God, he was nervous. He hoped Voss couldn't tell. He'd like a friend. "Please cooperate."

Snrk. Play nice. Deals. Honestly, Rad was just trying to avoid some faerie fishhook shit at this point, because they'd been at the tail end of that before. And trying to pull out a whole mess of metaphorical hooks to liberate yourself? It went about as well as if the hooks were literal, and sunk in their chest. "Yer soundin' a little like a fool here, boy. All stay in the circle but the minute you got excuses not to yer invitin' me into your domain. Half chance: smarter than you look. Also half chance: no idea what you're doing. 'Sides, what makes you think I wanna go back? Huh? Y'ain't know the first thing 'bout where I come from, do you?" Attempting to step out as nonthreateningly as possible, Rad's bare clawed feet tapped doglike against the concrete floor. Their staff stood at their side, and they were more than a little pissy at having to look up at their supposed captors.

holla holla get dolla

"So, you've got a fifty-fifty chance, do you really want to bet yourself on that?" Voss was just straight up lying. He was more of a 'I like using magic while I cook so I can focus on a dozen things at once' kind of guy, not some kind of demon wrangler. He was entirely on the 'no idea what to do' side of things. Still, he kept himself standing tall enough that he hoped to look confident in his words. But a strange, wary kind of care slipped through anyway. "Then we won't make you go back. It's your choice, but this whole thing is, uh-" He made a vague hand gesture. "A mix of 'beggars can't be choosers' and 'good will always comes around'. We'll keep you safe if you don't, um, munch on our fingers?" Voss carefully scooted around the circle and opening up the door for the three of them, grabbing his hoodie from where he'd tossed it onto the floor to give to the demon. "How about you put this on, okay? It's kinda chilly out. I don't know if where you come from is warm or something. What is you name, anyway?"

"Refraining from eatin' your fingers is good enough terms and conditions for me. Deal." Rad snapped their fingers more for dramatic effect than anything else, sparks flying in a showy display. "The pact is sealed," they added in a spooky voice just for shits and giggles; the magical undertone was absent and thus they weren't actually going to rope this tall-ass human into a contract. Wiggling into the hoodie with one hand always on their staff (their head popped through the collar fast, as if they were wary of some trap), they tried to refrain their footsteps from clicking across the concrete. "Th' name's Radish. An' my dimension's better than yours in every way, so 'course it ain't this fucking cold."

@conradbirdie

holla holla get dolla

@conradbirdie @drowntown

What was Radish’s deal? The creepy voice freaked him out, he wasn’t going to lie, but a lot of things freaked him out a little. He looked over to Voss, who was still calm, somehow? Like, how? Dude told him not to make deals with a demon, and now Voss was the one making a deal. Nikolai opened the door quickly, looking around the room for anything they’d left behind. Almost as an afterthought, he grabbed the books and papers, as well as the chalk. The candles could wait. “Let’s go,” he said, jerking his head towards the door. He walked out into the cold, hoping Voss and Rad would follow. It’d be awkward, otherwise. He paused before he made it too far. “Where are we going?” He asked.

Edited by queenie_flower
THESE TAGS

@drowntown @queenie_flower

Voss was caught between trying to somehow comfort Nik and the actual demon who threatened to bite off fingers. But in Voss' defense, said demon had a nice name (Radish. The bitter vegetable and being kind of rad, but not quite due to other factors. It suited them.) and seemed too pissed off about the entire situation for Voss to feel too upset. Hey, if their situations had been reversed, Voss was pretty sure he'd be ready to gnaw on some fingers of clawed, blue-skinned demons who just yanked him out of the floor. "Nice to meet you, Radish. I'm Voss, this is Nik, but I'd like to beg the question, uh- If your detention is so much better, why even suggest that you might not want to go back?" And then, to Nik, "My dorm. My aunt put a bazillion protection spells on it when she came to visit, it's probably the safest place that's open to us right now."

Radish's comprehension of the English language had alerted them the minute they spoke their name aloud that they shared it with a fucking tuber. God damn it. At least it wasn't their True name; these blithering humans seemed content to toss theirs around like paper confetti. "Voss. Nik." Rolling the names around in their mouth, Rad's eyebrows knitted slightly. Nik's name felt incomplete. Damn. "Because I'm not on top of the food chain, duh." Snorting steam as they followed barefooted somewhat behind the two humans, they kinda stopped for a hot minute because seriously, fuck the cold. Safe distance away, Radish swung their staff about in a seemingly nonsensical fashion, hoodie loose and too big in the wind chill. "Vilis off personalis frigus aeris." With a final stab of the staff into the ground, given nobody attempted to stop their intimidating display, a whiskey-colored hum enveloped their body for perhaps three total seconds before perking up substantially. "Much fucking better. Ain't'cher wards gonna zap me 'fore I get in? Dunno 'bout you, but I'm pretty damn sure my majyykal signature ain't human." God dammit, Radish. Just say 'magic' right for once in your life.

@queenie_flower@conradbirdie

holla holla get dolla

@drowntown (I keep trying to tag you as Logan) @conradbirdie

“That seems like a good idea, Voss. Do you have a roommate or something?” Nikolai asked. He hoped Voss didn’t. This would be awkward at best to explain. Like, what if they got the wrong idea? Would that actually be better than the right idea? Would he have to avoid this person for the rest of his time at the school, or would the roommate forget about him? Radish said their names, then, interrupting his spiral of thought. Nik nodded, focusing on the demon in Voss’ almost comically large hoodie. “I mean, I don’t know of anything that eats... floor demons.... but I guess the metaphorical food chain is what you meant.” He shifted the books to one arm nervously. He needed to calm down. Rad did some sort of intimidating-looking charm that resulted in him being slightly less grumpy. Nik guessed that was a good thing, and kept walking beside Voss. “That’s a good point,  actually. Would your aunt’s wards, like, hurt Rad? That seems like an important thing to figure out. I don’t want to set off any alarms.”

@drowntown @queenie_flower

Voss waved off Nik's question as reassuringly as he could while shivering halfway to kingdom come. Sure, he should probably start wearing reasonable clothes, like long sleeves and something other than shorts, but hey, you never knew when you were going to need to be as agile as possible because you were trying to escort a demon to your very own dorm room without anyone getting super suspicious. "I have a roommate, but seriously, no worries. He's on a road trip with his boyfriend, won't be back until two weeks from now, I think? Just please don't mess up any of his stuff." Voss squeezed Nik's shoulder for a second, trying to relax him a little- Even if Voss himself tensed up at the much too valid worries about getting caught before they even got into the building. Shit. "That's, uh- True. I don't think any of my aunt's wards would actually harm anything just 'cause it was inhuman? But it might block people out. Should we go the 'lets frantically brainstorm our way through this' or the 'we'll cross that bridge when we come to it' route?"

@conradbirdie @drowntown Voss was really shivering. Nik didn’t know the guy well, but he was pretty sure he’d seen him wear long pants maybe once. “Um, let’s cross the bridge when we get to it. And then maybe set it on fire. Unless either of you have any ideas.” He hoped somebody had an idea, because he definitely didn’t. Nik forcibly relaxed his shoulders, looking over at Voss again. “Do you want my jacket? I’m wearing like, eight layers.” Rad looked pretty comfortable in Voss’ hoodie. Nik wasn’t sure if Rad would willingly give it back. It gave him a dramatic air that the demon definitely didn’t need more of, but suited him anyway. Nik hoped they wouldn’t get caught. Two students walking alone at night would be easy to make up an excuse for, but he wasn’t sure how to explain three. The dorms were close, but Nik wasn’t sure where Voss’ dorm was. He was pretty sure it was close to his, but he’d been wrong before.

AND AGAIN am I too late or what? I was all "let's do this!" and then I wasn't paying attention at ALL.

((oh no how do explain 3 teenagers out going to a dorm well fear not the excuse is simple: threesome
and like seriously who's going to question that dksjdkgjdfs
'may i have ur threesome badges sirs' "whats a gender" '...do you have a badge?' "EVERYBODY RUN THE COPS ARE ONTO US"))

Radish was, in fact, cozy as hell in their newly acquired bigass hoodie as well as tucked within their personal bubble of 'cold air fuck off'. ... They did, in fact, say 'fuck off' in Latin for the spell. This is a thing Rad is proud of. Voss looked particularly like he could use the charm anyways and with a more streamlined repetition of the improvised spell, Radish just went ahead and enveloped both him and Nik in the honey-warm summer glow partially just to see if their magic would even work in the human world and partially to get them to stop squabbling over jackets. And to keep ahold of their own stolen borrowed jacket. "Metaphorical food chain, yeah. Pecking order, y'know." Smirking again, they raised both eyebrows as they caught back up with the traveling group from where they'd stood still for spellcasting logistics. "Settin' th' bridge on fire sounds purty damn good to me, y'all. All in favor say aye. Sweet of ya humans t'be worryin' over me, aw."

@conradbirdie@queenie_flower

@thepensword yaint too late just be the overly concerned dorm neighbor or smth dkjgkjdfs

holla holla get dolla

(hey @drowntown any number of people walking at night doesn’t mean SEX but I mean I guess that’s a way for people to not ask you follow up questions) @conradbirdie @thepensword

Nik smiled at Rad. It’s wasn’t a big smile, but Nik wasn’t the smiliest of people. “Fire’s a great way to destroy stuff. Let’s cross the bridge first, though.” It was weirdly warmer now. He suspected it was Rads fault. “And your threats took care of most of the ability I have to worry over you.” A great way to sap potential sympathy was to threaten bodily harm as soon as you arrived. Nik’s family had always been big on first impressions. Past the age of six, he’d never been great at them. He could see the dorms now, just at the top of the hill. It didn’t look like anyone was out, either, which he supposed was good for everyone involved. 

@drowntown @queenie_flower @thepensword ((dfkjvnkjd i gotta admit, my first thought was what logan said, but there's t o n s of excuses. all i can think of is that "people have been warned to not go out onto the streets unless absolutely necessary" "i wanted a donut" vine)

Voss, on the other hand, was grinning like he'd been handed the world. "Thanks for that fuzzy-warm charm of yours, Radish." Huh. That sounded a little different than he'd meant. And a hell of a lot more sarcastic. Still, something so-so along the lines of thanks was fine enough, Voss figured. He just tried to hurry their little group up the hill a little faster. "That's, uh- A fair assessment, Nik! I think we've all moved past fish stick finger eating, so let's just focus on burning this bridge when we come to it. Um, crossing- Burned bridges. I need to cut down on my idiom mixing. Let's just get inside. Nik, here, do you mind getting the door for everyone?" Voss asked, already dangling his keys out to Nik and grabbing their makeshift wand from their belt to transfer over every ring he had on his person.

Name: Mop Smith
Age: College student, 19ish in appearance. However,she's looked like a college student for a very long time.
Gender/Pronouns: This century? She/her. Next century? Who knows.
Height: 5'6"

Species: ??????? (college cryptid)
Appearance: (maybe i'll draw a picture later. maybe) Average height. Average weight. Brown hair, shoulder-length. Brown eyes, except on Tuesdays when they're orange or holidays when they're purple. Stunningly average in most ways but strikingly different in others.
Applicable Quirks (accent, biases, languages spoken, phobias, etc): Mop loves tea. Any kind of tea. She just really loves tea. She'll do anything to get a good cup of tea, up to and including the sale of magical objects or the healing of curses. She just. Loves her leaf juice. Her accent is hard to describe; some would say she doesn't even have one. It's hard, too, to say what country she's from; ask her and she'll just smile knowingly and walk away.
Quick Backstory: Mop has lived in the dorms for as long as anyone can remember. Everyone on campus knows of her, but no one can claim to be her friend. She's a feature of the school the same way as the commemorative statues or the old oak trees are. 

Weapons Abilities: Really incredible with a slingshot. Why? Who knows.

Powers:  Witchlike. She's especially good at curses and herbal mixes. Maybe it's because of all that tea.

Mop was sitting crosslegged on her bed, enjoying her chamomile, when she felt it. The air was charged with energy, for just a moment, and then the campus was weighted with a presence that had not been there moments before. A powerful presence, an old presence.

In other words: a very powerful something. And some fucking idiot had summoned it here.

Mop sighed and put down her tea. Her cat (which she was not supposed to have but who was going to stop her) grumbled unhappily as she knocked him out of her lap, but she just clicked her tongue at him. "Don't knock over my tea," she told him, climbing down from her bed. "And don't let anyone in who doesn't belong."

The cat opened one eye and stared at her before settling down into sleep again.

"Ok," said Mop, and opened the door, the ancient sigils on the knob digging into her hand as she stepped out into the hallway. "Now to go see what all the fuss is about."

And with that, she headed for the lobby.

(good golly jesus i haven't rp'd in forever please forgive me if it seems like i don't know what i'm doing cuz. i don't.)

@conradbirdie @drowntown @queenie_flower

Edited by thepensword
forgot the ??? species
  • Love! 1

"You act like remindin' me of aforementioned fish stick events is gonna make yer fingers look less tasty. Look at 'em. So fragile. So small." Admittedly, Radish's fingers were comparatively also small. "Like li'l declawed lolligo but bonier and with more knuckles." Upon arriving at the door, they hung back behind both Nik and Voss because while on the way there they'd convinced themself that what they were detecting were the powerful wards, they couldn't deny that this close they could feel distinctly both the wards and whatever they'd initially detected.

@conradbirdie@queenie_flower@thepensword

holla holla get dolla