This announcement has been up for a few days now, but I want to make sure you all see it. I am hanging out here to answer any questions/comments/concerns, which I am sure you all have (for instance, WHAT IS THIS GIANT BUG).

On a very exciting note, OUR FIRST ISSUE IS LIVE AND YOU SHOULD GO SEE IT. Also there are many back issues to enjoy!

Normal human editor-person with a normal four-chambered human heart (one owner since new). I love breathing Earth oxygen.

What is the giant Bug? And question so now ANYONE who had an account say for a few years now has a free sub for a year...  Sorry for some reason I'm not comprehending this information.

2 hours ago, X_of_Coins said:

ANYONE who had an account say for a few years now has a free sub for a year

yeah im not understanding that either...is that what the cicada is? a temporary membership? how longs it good for?

holla holla get dolla

16 hours ago, X_of_Coins said:

What is the giant Bug? And question so now ANYONE who had an account say for a few years now has a free sub for a year...  Sorry for some reason I'm not comprehending this information.

Basically, anyone who's had an active account (as in, they have recently been posting and didn't just create an account in 2015 and then leave) gets a free sub for a year, yes. We understand that not every active Slammer is necessarily a subscriber, and we didn't want to just leave you guys high and dry. Also, longtime Slammers are important to us and we want your most honest feedback most of all—that giant* bug badge is a symbol that you have been with us since the beginning of our new site and you know what's up.**

*It, uh, came out quite a bit bigger than we intended and we're in the process of trying to make it less... huge. More on this story as it develops.

** And we really, really, really do want your feedback as we move forward, either on the forums or emailed to cicada@cricketmedia.com.

• Like 3

Normal human editor-person with a normal four-chambered human heart (one owner since new). I love breathing Earth oxygen.

@Autumn

Thank you :01_grin: I've gotten the Mag for Christmas  for years and years now and was so sad I didn't get it this year. Just made my day. And to be honest  I like the giant bug it's funny...