Well January lasted about five years, so maybe February will feel like a real month. 

Okay, the rules are simple: start commenting today (Feb 1, 2018) and keep adding those coherent, sense-making lines one or two at a time until February 28 at midnight, whenever that is for you. If you want a line break, please give us a line break or a / or something to separate them! Try to submit 1-2 lines at a time. If you're like, hyper-inspired, please write a full poem and post it. I endorse inspiration. Please write here, too, though.

The theme this month is color! All types and shades of color. All tints and color-codes and imagery accepted. You guys are creative people, you've got this in the bag.

Go forth and write!

Edited by queenie_flower

stained cut glass reminicient of a shattered church window / and indeed there is something holy about looking into them

But not golden light holy,/ a sea foam green, Poseidon worshipping tide

Not quite sure where I'm going, but I'm going somewhere, that's for sure.

where seagulls cry to the endless blue, this is the painting of life and we are the brushstrokes

where you and I can dance into the horizon line of burnished gold and taste it on our rose-red tongues

there's a world of mystery in your eyes

where crackling ocean veins pump the lifeblood of green-teal seas

to fall into the underwater-cave-depths of your moonlight eyes would be an end

O. Captain / Cap / Nevermore || any pronouns

your local space captain and eldritch horror extraordinaire