K so there's this character of mine. Their name is Jayd. They're agender. And though it doesn't come into play until the end of my hypothetical novel/webcomic, they are royalty. Specifically, the equivalent of a prince/princess. Here lies my problem: what is a gender-neutral term for a nb prince/princess equivalent? I came up with prinz and prinx but I don't like either of those so. Any suggestions?

ok so the later ones are acceptable but also we run into the problem of: "King Leon, Queen Mida, Prince Thilam, and Young Sovereign Jayd" which is...awkward....

...but...they're not the heir....unfortunately...that would be the older sibling thilam.....

Posted (edited)

Okay so first of all we have another case of Logan and Co being funny as fuck weirdos but entirely unhelpful. 

Second, your/their highness is gender neutral, and your/their grace, but that’s like highkey disrespectful to call like anyone above a duke/duchess. Princet could also work I guess. If they’re something else (think duchess of Cambridge) they could be a Duchy or a Barony. 

Or just coronet.

youre welcome

Edited by queenie_flower

@queenie_flower well thank you queenie for the actually HELPFUL answer (eyes at logan) and i really like princet. sounds good, sounds gender neutral, i think i may use it. THANK.

Posted (edited)

WELC also you're 200% at least kind of fired. 

Love from the "actually helpful" one

Capture.PNG

Edited by queenie_flower
  • Like 1