thepensword

Musics suggestions?

Anyone have any good music they'd suggest? I like indie pop/folk/rock aka hipster music you hear in coffee shops + also bluegrass. 

Oh yeah also if you happen to have some good LGBTQ themed music I'm all ears. I have a few on my expanding Pride Playlist but I'd love more. 

• Like 1

The Village, by Wrabel

Ghost Boy, Coyote Grace

Bullet in a Gun, Coyote Grace

Brave Man, Will Young

It's All About Us, tAtU

Born this Way, Lady Gaga

I've got plenty more on my computer at home. I'll let you know.

Not quite sure where I'm going, but I'm going somewhere, that's for sure.

@Short_comedian I've heard The Village and Born This Way (I love the village it makes me cry every time i listen to it MMPH and i'm not even trans i can only imagine how powerful it must be for trans kids) but I haven't heard of the other ones. I'll have to give those a listen. Thanks!

Here are some lgbtq artists:

Hayley Kiyoko

Freddy Mercury (Queen)

Elton John

David Bowie

St. Vincent

Billie Holiday

Kehlani

-Hydralio

1 minute ago, Hydra ’Liope said:

Hayley Kiyoko

Do you know how badly I wish I liked Hayley Kiyoko? it's pretty badly. I really want to like her music but it's too pop-style for me. And I feel bad because she's like. The lesbian music goddess. 

(Thanks for the suggestions. Also, I didn't know Elton John was LGBTQ????? I didn't know about David Bowie either but that's...not entirely surprising....)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Hydra ’Liope said:

Id love if you could share your playlist.

-Hydralio

Ok so this is mostly wlw but there's some mlm too (also this isn't..everything...i didn't include the ones i don't listen to, like I Kissed A Girl by a Katy Perry)

Bad Religion - Frank Ocean

The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out To Get Us - Sufjan Stevens (this song makes me cry it's so good)

Love Is Love - Mary Lambert

Hold Each Other - A Great Big World

The Village - Wrabel

In The Middle - dodie clark (not explicitly lgbtq but dodie is bi and when i listened to it i thought it was about bisexuality)

Place We Were Made - Maisie Peters (again, no explicitly queer, but that's how i interpret it)

11 Blocks - Wrabel

She Keeps Me Warm - Mary Lambert

Know Your Name - Mary Lambert

When You Sleep - Mary Lambert

Do Anything - Mary Lambert

Emily - Girlpool

Sappho - Frankie Cosmos

Girl! - Terror Pigeon

Girl From North Country - Dear Nora

Tea, Milk, and Honey - Oh Pep!

Crazy - Au Revoir Simone

She - dodie clark

I Do Adore - Mindy Gledhill

Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop - Daniela Andrade

Tell Her You Love Her - Echosmith

Sinners - Lauren Aquilina

Wonder - Lauren Aquilina

Lover or Liars - Lauren Aquilina

Give Me Love - Jessica Manning

Ten Feet Tall - Wrabel

Unsteady - X Ambassadors (not really lgbtq but i saw a dance video with two gay men dancing to this song and now it's forever about queer relationships to me)

Also all of Wrabel and Dodie's music is great (some of Dodie's stuff sounds straight but again, she's bi, so it's technically not. She's mostly on YouTube.)

Edited by thepensword

Halsey is also pretty great as well. If you're looking for more trans songs, Jake Edwards is a good person.

Not quite sure where I'm going, but I'm going somewhere, that's for sure.

LGBT by cupcakKe (i think thats how u spell it) is aggressively gay and i love it sdkjgskldjfs

if u just...search up my username on spotify (warproxies) ive got some weird shit in my playlists (such as 'colliers moods i guess') that u might like

holla holla get dolla

I just heard this good new bi song by Janelle Monae called Make Me Feel.

Also, this is definitely not lgbtq+, but LISTEN TO RUSH!!!! They are the GREATEST and I LOVE them!! I even put starman in my profile picture : )

Against me! has some dope lgbt+ music and bleachers is good too. Chappell roan, kodaline, and lord huron are good if you like indie. If you're open to older stuff the eagles and creedance Clearwater revival are great. Guns n Roses has some cool political stuff, and the Kinks are pretty good too.