Attention, CICADA community!
  • It’s time to say goodbye—the community at cicadamag.com is closing. Learn more...

I'll go first. 

So this was a really long dream, but to start out I was at a Rush concert (yes I actually like them enough to dream about them) with my mom, but we were way in the back and couldn't see anything. It was outside, and all the seats and the stage were flat on the ground.

Then I was in a dystopian society where girls got arrested if anyone found out they got their period. I bled on my sheets and I was trying to clean it up, but then someone saw and I got arrested.

Then I was at school and one of our administrators was trying to make an announcement, but she kept miss speaking so she asked me to do it for her. I was supposed to say that girls in this one program we have couldn't where high heels like they had been while they were sleeping because they were setting a bad example. I kept practicing, but I still messed up and everyone was talking over me.

Then I was eating lunch in the cafeteria, and I was getting coffee, but I couldn't tell if I should drink the coffee out of the cup it was in, or pour some in a new cup. I just chugged all the coffee real fast and figured it would be ok. Some boys from my old school were there too. I was eating a bunch of really unhealthy food. Right after I got my second donut, a priest who used to preach at my church showed up, so I was trying to hide my unhealthyness. A girl from my old school was also there. The priest said we could call him "hat" because that's what his son called him. (Even though priests take a vow of celebacy) I was eating pineapple with nerds candy on it, and it was actually good. Then I realized there was no one left eating and class had started, so I freaked out, but then the bio class that is during my free block was taking a test in the cafeteria, so realized I didn't have class.

Then I woke up.

I may have left something out, but that's what I remember for the moment.

• Like 1

i made out with clark on a bed in a guest room in the back of a mcdonalds after waiting in line for food at said mcdonalds

• Like 1

holla holla get dolla

I was in my house and we have a glass sliding door and I heard dogs barking and I thought it was my dog but he was under the bed and then I heard more and looked outside the sliding door into my backyard and saw about 2 dozen dogs just running across my backyard. Quick note about my house: it has two paths on each side of it so that you can just keep running around my house.

So after I saw that I was really confused and then this guy in a gas mask and jumpsuit with a huge vacuum attached to his back and he had the hose-thingie in his hand and he was just like waddling towards the dogs. We have curtains at the sliding door and so I hide behind them and I heard paws scratching concrete as they ran on the right side of my house. So I drew the curtains back and then I didn't see anything in my backyard. So I tried to forget what I just saw but then I heard barking again and looked back outside and saw dogs getting sucked into this dude's vacuum. I yell and he hears me and he turns towards me and I hide. But then he knocks on the glass and now I'm scared as hell.

For some reason I decide to go outside, and I pick up this really fat dog and toss it at him (apparently I'm just Superman now) and then the dog gets stuck in the hose and the thing implodes in his face and IT'S LITERALLY RAINING DOGS.

Anyway, that's a dream I had a while back, but I somehow remember it 'till now.

• Like 1

MLNOBVGEM JYKOLUBRHSGEKLRFP

-#$@!%

Oh this is great! I have so many weird dreams.

I dreamed once that I was scuba diving with this group of people; we were exploring and we found this underwater sunken ship, but there was air inside and it was really well lit, and there were pink, flowered plants growing in the sunlight inside it. We were for some reason really excited that it was an old launching point for submarines. There were some ancient, rusty subs docked in the bottom. 
We had taken off all our gear in the air pocket, but for some reason we had to put it on again AFTER we went back out into the water... so we had to hold our breath while swimming and trying to put our gear on. And then we had to go back into the ship because there were still some people in it (they left their air tanks there or something). Then it mysteriously started sinking farther into the sea and taking on water, so we all ran out of the ship.
Also I think I dreamed this all from the point of view of my mother.

• Like 1

constantly confused

I forgot that last summer I actually wrote a poem about a nightmare I had when I was younger. It's not the best, but here it is:

You are at the pool

with your friend and her sister.

You splash,

get nachos,

listen to Call Me Maybe five times in a row.

Your companions want to swim

at the far end of the pool.

You tell them 

no

you can't not

ever

it's fine 

they say

no it

isn't you

tell them the water's

green

They push you in.

And she is there

one of the bodies

hanging greyscale against the green water

upside down

dark hair and old fashioned skirt

billowing around her

• Like 2

i had this dream a couple of nights ago where I was at the doctors office and I was going to get brain surgery (it's weird--just a heads up)

so they call my name and I go up from the waiting room which is just a bench right next to this chair where they want me to sit

I sit and they ask me routine questions like they do in doctor's offices I think

then I remember they drilled holes in the top of my cranium (in retrospect around the top of the frontal lobe or somatosensory cortex) I could feel my head vibrate and it tickled

kind of like the feeling you get in your feet when you skateboard on bumpy asphalt, but in my head and in a concentrated area

they did three  drillings to prepare for the surgery so that when they were ready they could drill the fourth hole and remove that section of my cranium

I was nervous because I didn't want to be awake while they did the surgery (i thought they were going to do it right then and there)

then they give me this contraption a rod with a flat rounded extension for me to hold the part of my cranium where they drilled down

that way it wouldn't break out

they send me to wait in a different waiting room with my cranium cracked open for a long time

then I think my dream shifted

—————————————————————

I think this dream was in response to an experience I had at the ER a few weeks ago for a bloody nose that lasted over three hours

the night was a back and forth of waiting for the nurses to call me and not getting much help from them when they did

-Hydralio

@bearboy was in my dream the other night. At first it was someone else and I was flirting with them just for fun because dream me is a slut, but then he changed to Izaak and I realized I couldn't do that because he's dating Marshall. In another part of the dream there was a UN meeting and half the room had dead bodies lying around, but they said that was okay because that was the Soviet side of the room.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Apollo's Lover said:

dream me is a slut

this is the largest fucking soup of the day that i have ever read

• Like 1

holla holla get dolla

had a dream that hitler came to my school, and gave my class a worksheet to do for some reason. i had so much other work to do that i forgot to do it until the day of, it was the most stressful dream ever because i thought i was going to get beaten if i didn't do it, so i spent most of the dream sitting on a playground slide with 4 other random girls i didn't know cramming to get it done.