Okay, so I'm really depressed, very suicidal, and my self esteem is at an all time low which is saying a lot. This is the only place I have left to turn to, and I'm not technically supposed to post anything, but please help anyways....  I honestly just really need to believe in the kindness of strangers again, and this seems like a good place to start. Thanks.

Hey, I know this isn't much, but 7cupsoftea.com  offers free online therapy. You can always talk to me, as well.

Not quite sure where I'm going, but I'm going somewhere, that's for sure.

Posted (edited)

I know this is likely a repeat of advice you've heard countless times before, but this place: 

• National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) 
(24 hours)

Is a good (also it's anonymous) number to use if you're ever considering something like suicide. 

The Slam is full of kind people, and even though I don't know any of them personally, they're all really awesome and respectful and constructive. I recommend joining the Discord - if you haven't already - if you want to talk to everyone more frequently. This community is great because everyone is here for everyone else. 

You can talk to me, too. I can't promise I'll give good advice, but I'll listen. 

Edited by WanderingMonster

Hey—we're glad you're reaching out here. I'll be online to talk, if you feel comfortable doing so.

Also, I wanted to provide a few more resources for you:

THE TREVOR PROJECT - an LGBTQ-focused crisis hotline

http://www.thetrevorproject.org/

The hotline number is 866-488-7386. They also have a chat and text service if you cannot speak on the phone.

TRANS LIFELINE - A crisis hotline staffed by trans folks for trans folks. 

US Number: 877-565-8860

Canada Number: 877-330-6366

http://www.translifeline.org/

• Like 1

Normal human editor-person with a normal four-chambered human heart (one owner since new). I love breathing Earth oxygen.

Thanks all. Alas, I can't do hotlines because my parents track my phone use, and I have very limited internet access, but I will probably take you up on your offers to talk.

This is late, but you can always talk to me if you need someone. Please keep yourself safe, because life will get better. I was feeling very depressed these past few months, but I'm not anymore, and I'm glad I didn't do anything to hurt myself in that period of time. 

We care about you.

Hey, I’m really really late but I wanted to let you know I’m available to talk if you need it. The Slam is a community of kind people who are willing to listen, so please don’t be afraid to reach out for help. For now, think of one thing you’re excited about in the future—getting a dog or a having a birthday, getting your dream job or finding someone to love, anything, large or small—and focus on that. That small thing is at least worth living for, and I promise there will be a million more things for which you’ll want to be alive. Hang in there, okay? You are so strong and I’m proud of you.

I also want to reiterate what WanderingMonster said. The Discord is a great, fun, welcoming place to chat, and I urge you to join us if you think it will help you feel better. The link is here:  https://discord.gg/jdZDjF

Um hi yes I’m also very late and I’m sorry but all of us understand that you have limitations and that not everything works for you all the time. Know that we are here, and that you are important, and we respect you for having the strength to exist and to have the courage to say something. 

I might not give the best advice, but I can try. If you feel like you need to talk to someone, I’m here, too. The only advice I have for you is to keep trying to talk, and to think about why you need to stay alive. If you have a plant you need to water, or a friend who would be devastated, or even just a book you need to finish or a dog to pet or a specific food you need to eat, remember that your existence is important. I know that people have already give you this advice, but I feel like reiterating it is important to some degree. 

And to keep repeating the same stuff people have said: the discord is a good place to talk to people. The other day I was really freaking out about something that didn’t even happen recently, and I talked to someone on there. And they listened. My hands were literally shaking at the beginning of the conversation, and by the end of it I felt calmer, and a little more fortified. People are on your side. And even if you don’t want to dump your heart into someone’s lap, we’re ridiculous enough there to give you something else to think about. Stay strong. We respect you.

Here's some music. I don't know if it's the kind you like, but I don't know what else to do, and I want to help. Although I've never had depression, music helps me manage my emotions. We care about you, and like everyone said, come to the discord; it's great.

Okay, first, thank you all so much, I can't even put into words how much I appreciate this. I should probably give you background so you can understand what kind of situation I'm in:

Call me Tau (yes as in the number, i'm kind of a nerd) I'm a genderfluid individual, currently being forced to live as female. I have alopecia so my hair fell out, which stinks. I'm currently homeschooled due to overwhelming social anxiety and preparing to go to college this fall (i'm still 14 btw) but yeah. I'm just really not in a good place right now.

Oh and I don't have access to therapy right now because I got switched to doing family therapy and am not on any antidepressants. Also lol, @The Invincible Troodon my parents now think I'm addicted to boys' love manga and just manga in general, and think that I'm running away from life with it. I'm actually supposed to be studying for psychology right now, but oh well, I'm feeling awful and kind of need to talk about it.

i know i'm crazy late too, but im gonna see if i can give you a summary of what i wished i knew when i was going through this about a three years to a year ago:

• there is always going to be people there for you, that might be online and that might be in person, but they will still be there
  • you will have days where it seems worse and days where it seems better, the worse ones do not mean you should give up or give in, and the better days dont mean that you were somehow faking everything all along
  • i know everyone probably keeps saying this and it sounds kinda fake in the middle of it all, but really, everything does get better. it takes time, it takes a lot of effort in places, and its really hard to recognize when its happening, but i can guarantee there'll be a day when you go, "oh, whoa. i'm getting more confident, i haven't thought about suicide in a good while, i feel like i can do things again- today was a good day."

you can always talk to me if you want, i'd also love for you to join the discord if you felt up to it, and here are some links to online suicide help line chats, so the phone issue won't be a hassle there:

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/

(these look more like databases of chats, but i'll put 'em here in case you're looking for something different!)

http://www.suicidestop.com/suicide_prevention_chat_usa.html

http://www.suicidestop.com/suicide_prevention_chat_international.html

current number of classic lit characters ive gone out of my way to project on and reason out why they might be gay: 8