Sign in to follow this  
[pseudonym]

jeans

Posted (edited)

maybe it's the way jasmine coats string lights coat rooms with the magenta you feel humming under your skin

or maybe it's the way you fill the space between him with galaxies like puppets strung from your fingertips

i don't understand your effervescent feeling, the sight sound smell touch taste you have come to crave so much

or how your name rolls off my tongue like skinny jeans cuffed high on a summer afternoon

maybe that's why i didn't bother making a rhyme scheme, or why alliteration failed me this time

i really fucking like you. the end.

author's note: this is just a thing i wrote about my boyfriend in 10 minutes, idk

Edited by [pseudonym]
i messed up the formatting from copying and pasting this from notes lol
  • Like 1
  • Love! 2

he/him/his - that gay kid from the middle of nowhere

I love this metaphor! It's not what one would usually think of, but it works great. The first line was a little unclear though. It took me a few reads to get it.

13 hours ago, Apollo's Lover said:

I love this metaphor! It's not what one would usually think of, but it works great. The first line was a little unclear though. It took me a few reads to get it.

thanks! the first line is definitely a little sloppy on my part because i didn't really think about how i would incorporate sight and smell into one line (my bad!) i'm glad you like the metaphor though :)

he/him/his - that gay kid from the middle of nowhere

Sign in to follow this