You may have noticed that we had a long, LONG period of downtime—we are so sorry for any inconvenience. The downtime was due to some super annoying clerical weirdness, but we are BACK, baby! We can now resume our regularly scheduled weirdness.

Normal human editor-person with a normal four-chambered human heart (one owner since new). I love breathing Earth oxygen.

Posted (edited)

Hey @Autumn! Thanks for explaining what happened. A whole bunch of us were freaking out and tried to contact you guys, but it was a little difficult. Is there a reliable way to do so in case something else happens? Some of us tried the “contact us” link but it said we didn’t pass a security check. The only issue with that was that there WAS no security check. Is there an email we can use or a way to send asks on tumblr? 

Edited by queenie_flower
what happens in the discord stays in the discord (screenshots weren’t working)
  • Like 1

Yes @Fullmetal Sorcerer we were all talking on the discord, but I was worried about you because you aren't there even though I know you use the site a lot. I thought it might be just the old slammers who couldn't get on and then you would still be here and be thinking "where is everyone?"

Thank you @Autumn for talking to us.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, queenie_flower said:

Hey @Autumn! Thanks for explaining what happened. A whole bunch of us were freaking out and tried to contact you guys, but it was a little difficult. Is there a reliable way to do so in case something else happens? Some of us tried the “contact us” link but it said we didn’t pass a security check. The only issue with that was that there WAS no security check. Is there an email we can use or a way to send asks on tumblr? 

Oh dear—that's another issue for the tech team, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

For future reference, you can always reach us at cicada@cricketmedia.com—that's actually the email the contact form goes to, anyway.

I'm here if you have any additional questions.

Normal human editor-person with a normal four-chambered human heart (one owner since new). I love breathing Earth oxygen.

9 hours ago, The Invincible Troodon said:

@Autumn Thank you so much! I'm glad that it was just a malfunction because part of me wondered if the site had just been shut down and abandoned Roanoke Island style, but it's good to be back.

I cannot confirm or deny at this time that the entire editorial staff has been spirited off to another dimension.