Sign in to follow this  
Autumn

Welcome!!!

Hello and welcome to the shiny new Slam!

We’re so glad you’re here. It’s been a long process getting here, and we’re over the moon that it’s finally happening.

To start off, I’d like to encourage everyone to take a look at the rules. Let’s make sure the Slam continues to be a safe and friendly place for all. Be excellent to each other.

Now that that’s out of the way, I’d like to give you a quick tour of the new Slam forums. As always, there are sections for fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. In addition, we now have subforums for roleplaying and chatting, where you can get to know one another a bit better. There is also a gallery for Slammer art.  You’ll also find polls, contests, and other fun extras on our front page.

I’m sure we’ll have to make some adjustments and troubleshoot some issues as we break in the new site—all new websites have bugs to work out. Thanks in advance for being patient with us!!

Cicada readers probably already know that in January 2018 we will be going digital-only. The new digital mag will be housed here as well—more info on that soon!

If you have any questions, mods will be hanging out in the Whatever forum all day, so please post them there!

We’re so excited to start the new year with a whole new Slam. But without our Slammers, it’s just a website. Your passion, courage, compassion, kindness, and creativity are what make this the remarkable community it is. We can’t wait to see what you all will create.

Autumn, Associate Editor

EDIT: Oh! One more thing I forgot to mention--the first 2 posts by all new users have to be approved by the mods. This will keep spam and bots out. If there's a slight delay on your first couple of posts, that's why. :)

Editor by day, ageless and nameless shadow-thing of many eyes and many arms by night. Longs to return to the warm primeval seas.