9 hours ago, X_of_Coins said:

Hey! So I'm X_of_Coins. My Real name is weird. I've been on the Slam for a little over not long enough. I love reading and writing. I've got like 15 billion novel ideas stuck in my head but  I can never manage to write them down. It's weird. I'm kind of Boring I really only talk about the same things all the time. Animals (they are awesome), Shows (Supernatural, Doctor who, Crimes, and at the moment The Good Doctor who's totally awesome), Music (Paganini and Beethoven are my pals but don't tell Buddy), My Violin (He even has a name), and the crushing fear I have of adulting! Anyway I'm glad to finally meet you all!

What's your violin's name??

I'm still struggling to name my cello. 

-Hydralio

woah the new site went up and i didn't notice!

so, hey everybody! i don't know if any of you remember me, but i've been on here for maybe like a year and a half? that might be a total lie i don't remember. i mean i think that's what the site is telling me, but it also keep logging me out, and on top of that i can't do math in my head. anyway, hello, and hopefully i'll get to talk to you all later! 

ps i tried to post this days ago and nothing showed up so i'm sorry if i actually posted this multiple times 

18 hours ago, Hydra ’Liope said:

What's your violin's name??

I'm still struggling to name my cello. 

Flicker, though it took me about five years to figure it out. That's so cool you play the cello! Whats your favorite to play?

Whoa, the new site's up. 

Hey everyone! I'm Ainm, a six year member of the Slam. (Though only three of my poems aggregated under my name - help?) My identities are nebulous, but they/them/theirs pronouns, please. Of late, I've been busy with college, adulting, and novel-writing, so my posting on here has been sporadic at best. At any rate, I'm glad to meet y'all!

Also, anyone still interested in reading the chapbook I published about a year ago? It looks like the new site would allow me to post that sort of thing.

• Like 1

ᚐᚅᚋ 

16 hours ago, Ainm said:

Whoa, the new site's up. 

Hey everyone! I'm Ainm, a six year member of the Slam. (Though only three of my poems aggregated under my name - help?) My identities are nebulous, but they/them/theirs pronouns, please. Of late, I've been busy with college, adulting, and novel-writing, so my posting on here has been sporadic at best. At any rate, I'm glad to meet y'all!

Also, anyone still interested in reading the chapbook I published about a year ago? It looks like the new site would allow me to post that sort of thing.

Yes!

On 11/10/2017 at 1:32 PM, X_of_Coins said:

Flicker, though it took me about five years to figure it out. That's so cool you play the cello! Whats your favorite to play?

I've only been playing for a year, and while I enjoy playing the cello, have yet to find a piece or pieces I really enjoy playing. I'm mostly still working on technique and rhythm.

Flicker's a cool name. what do you like to play?

-Hydralio

1 hour ago, Hydra ’Liope said:

I've only been playing for a year, and while I enjoy playing the cello, have yet to find a piece or pieces I really enjoy playing. I'm mostly still working on technique and rhythm.

Flicker's a cool name. what do you like to play?

I've had My violin for about five years but I'm only just learning to play. Though I would like to Learn la campanella . It's a really cool piece composed by Paganini.  But other than that I write my own things to play. 

On 11/11/2017 at 7:24 PM, X_of_Coins said:

I've had My violin for about five years but I'm only just learning to play. Though I would like to Learn la campanella . It's a really cool piece composed by Paganini.  But other than that I write my own things to play. 

That's awesome! I have composed a few things for the piano, but haven't had made any time to in a looong while.

Do you play any other instruments?

-Hydralio

hi! I'm megan, and I'm new here (I posted like once? on the old site)! um, I like dogs and cats and books and rainy weather. . . also writing, duh. . . also, err i'm in the Pacific Southwest? (idk, california anyone?); I like overusing semicolons and commas and listening to Lorde. nice to meet y'allll! 

10 hours ago, Hydra ’Liope said:

That's awesome! I have composed a few things for the piano, but haven't had made any time to in a looong while.

Do you play any other instruments?

That's cool I'e just finished something I called The Dance of the High Tide Moon, However my computer deleted it before I could print it... sucks. No not really I mean I can play Two cords on a Ukulele horribly but I'm pretty sure that doesn't count. It seems the Violin is the just the one I can manage to sound okay on but that's alright. Besides the Cello and Piano how about you?

Hey! I'm River Moon and it's been a hot minute since I was last on The Slam. I joined in 2014, but my old stuff isn't connected to this account.  I'm currently in college for an engineering degree, so I probably won't post very often, but it's good to be back! Love seeing familiar names and new ones!

• Like 1

On 11/13/2017 at 9:05 AM, X_of_Coins said:

That's cool I'e just finished something I called The Dance of the High Tide Moon, However my computer deleted it before I could print it... sucks. No not really I mean I can play Two cords on a Ukulele horribly but I'm pretty sure that doesn't count. It seems the Violin is the just the one I can manage to sound okay on but that's alright. Besides the Cello and Piano how about you?

I go through very (very) short guitar spurts but dont really play anything else. I sing in the car and in the shower though.

-Hydralio

I'm pretty late but I'm Cap/Nevermore! I joined the slam in 2015 but kinda dropped off for about a year. The new site is super cool so I'll definitely try to write more and post more content! I might even start a podcast if I can find people who can do voices for my sci-fi serial.

I'm nonbinary and genderfluid, and my pronouns are fae/faer, they/them, and it/its, but any neutral pronouns are cool!!

I write sci-fi, fantasy, and poetry, and I really love Xena and also Carmilla and also Terry Pratchett.

I'm a kemetic/hellenic pagan, it's weird to explain but I can if anyone wants to know more.

• Like 2

O. Captain / Cap / Nevermore || fae/faer, they/them, it/its, neutral pronouns

your local space captain and eldritch horror extraordinaire

2 minutes ago, O. Captain said:

I'm pretty late but I'm Cap/Nevermore! I joined the slam in 2015 but kinda dropped off for about a year. The new site is super cool so I'll definitely try to write more and post more content! I might even start a podcast if I can find people who can do voices for my sci-fi serial.

I'm nonbinary and genderfluid, and my pronouns are fae/faer, they/them, and it/its, but any neutral pronouns are cool!!

I write sci-fi, fantasy, and poetry, and I really love Xena and also Carmilla and also Terry Pratchett.

I'm a kemetic/hellenic pagan, it's weird to explain but I can if anyone wants to know more.

A podcast sounds really cool!

I'm curious about paganism and am doing a project on it for one of my classes. If you don't mind responding, what pagan tenets are most meaningful to you and what being a kemetic/hellenic pagan means? What celebrations/rituals and symbols are most meaningful to you? Why did you become pagan, and if you know, what attracts people to paganism?

-Hydralio

-Hydralio

26 minutes ago, Hydra ’Liope said:

A podcast sounds really cool!

I'm curious about paganism and am doing a project on it for one of my classes. If you don't mind responding, what pagan tenets are most meaningful to you and what being a kemetic/hellenic pagan means? What celebrations/rituals and symbols are most meaningful to you? Why did you become pagan, and if you know, what attracts people to paganism?

-Hydralio

Sure!!

I don't usually have a great deal of time and energy for major rituals, but I try to talk to my gods more around the full and new moons, and when I can/remember to, I'll do something on those days. Right now I'm mostly aware of the Wiccan wheel of the year calendar; I'm not good at remembering holidays. I kinda make up what I do as I go along? I usually get coffee at Starbucks once or twice a week, and when I do I offer it to my gods first and then drink it myself, and it's like I'm sharing it with them. I want to try to get further into regularly practiced tenets and holidays, but I haven't had so much time recently.

Kemetic/hellenic describes the gods I work with, so that's why I use those terms, primarily.

Heh, I first became pagan about five years ago, and I was really into Wicca for a while, until depression hit hard and Hades just sorta showed up. After that, the rest of the gods who had kinda always been there started to become clear, and I started working with them and honoring them. I say working with/honoring rather than worshipping because it feels like a sort of godly family. My personal symbols associated with them are mostly related to death, as I consider all of them in a way death deities. That's been particularly meaningful to me in the context of my depression and the contrast of life with those energies.

I'm not sure why other people get into paganism; for me, I honestly think the catalyst was Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost; I love the Hex Girls dearly and that was one of the earlier positive portrayals of witchcraft and Wicca I was exposed to.

4 hours ago, O. Captain said:

I might even start a podcast if I can find people who can do voices for my sci-fi serial.

*wink wonk*

(sdkgjsdgsdfs i dont have a great mic at all but color me interested)

holla holla get dolla

6 hours ago, Hydra ’Liope said:

I go through very (very) short guitar spurts but dont really play anything else. I sing in the car and in the shower though.

Haha awesome :) I sing a bit too but no much... 

Just now, Hydra ’Liope said:

what kind of music do you like?

Well Classical... and I'm a classic Rock person though I also really LOOOOVE Oldies.. like Buddy Holly and Others though at the Moment I'm really into This song specifically. Though for anyone who doesn't like Seeing Bike Accidents don't watch the Video just click play and pull open another video there is a picture at the end and this was the only video I could find of the song. 

5 hours ago, woundedBirds said:

*wink wonk*

(sdkgjsdgsdfs i dont have a great mic at all but color me interested)

I might revamp some of the old scripts and post them here!! It originally started on the Slam, funnily enough; that's why the earlier scripts are shorter, to account for the 800 word limit.

• Like 1