Heyyyyyy! I'm Over the Rainbow. You can call me Over, Rainbow, OtR (with a lowercase t!!), whatever works. I've been reading the site for forever so I'm already familiar with some of you. I'm 14 years old (don't judge me, please). I love books and math and arts of all kinds--I played Anybodys in West Side Story this fall and it was spectacular. I'm trying to think of something witty to say to make me sound like a cool person.

Get it? Cool? West Side Story?

I'm in a really punny mood today. And every day. Talk to me about musicals!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Over the Rainbow said:

Hi! I currently use she/her, thanks for asking!

awesome, good to know!

• Like 1

he/him pronouns please!
butch dysphoria is real

@Over the Rainbow I'm also super into musicals, and my family hates it...I quote (from my sister) "I'd honestly rather you be trans than into musical theatre." We can always chat about musicals if you want!

• Like 1

Not quite sure where I'm going, but I'm going somewhere, that's for sure.

hey yall! i literally just joined this because a friend of mine recommended it to me, but this is looking super cool so far, i'm excited to be here! everything i write ends up gay (hint: its because i'm gay, or more specifically pan, but i use 'gay' as an umbrella term), so i mean. Be Prepared For That? im majorly into musicals and classic lit, too. its nice to meet yall!

current number of classic lit characters ive gone out of my way to project on and reason out why they might be gay: 8

@Over the Rainbow yeah first of all don’t worry about being judged here like these are some pretty accepting people secondly also at least started reading at thirteen. I was older when I started posting but that’s only because I had no guts. Points to you for knowing where your guts are.

6 hours ago, queenie_flower said:

@Over the Rainbow yeah first of all don’t worry about being judged here like these are some pretty accepting people secondly also at least started reading at thirteen. I was older when I started posting but that’s only because I had no guts. Points to you for knowing where your guts are.

Aww, thanks!

Hey! I'm Amalia and I'm supposed to be studying for a Physics test right now but shhh I'll get to that later.

I'm trying to get back into writing poetry, so I'm going to try to post more stuff here. I love tea and cats and musical theater things, and I hope to get to know some of you all soon!

Hello! I'm Jess! I'm 16! How long have I been slamming on the slam? No clue. I like to disappear for months and then reemerge from the ether to post a long splurge of poetry before disappearing again. I love to write and draw and sing. I play the piano and am self-taught on the ukulele and intend to major in voice when I go to college. In addition to poetry, I write original stories and, yes—fanfiction. Does that mean I'm a nerd? Absolutely. As far as current projects go, I intend to write a graphic novel/webcomic and have it mostly planned out, but haven't gotten around to the actual writing yet. Oh well, it'll happen eventually.

Other facts about me:

I like tea. Dogs. Superheroes. Animation. Ice cream. Sci-fi. Fantasy. Snow. Socks. Anime. Sweatshirts. Folk music/bluegrass. Musical theatre. Space. 

Oh! Also

On 11/2/2017 at 4:51 PM, violet said:

also!! i'm a reform jew (technically speaking i'm not officially one yet but) and i'm getting mikveh'd on sunday november 5th!!!!

I'm a reform jew too! For me it's more of a cultural thing than a religious thing. As far as actual religion goes I'm leaning more towards the atheist side of things, but I do go to temple and I have had my bat mitzvah! Hello fellow jew!

AHEM

Thank you for coming to my presentation have a nice day.

(Hmmm i'm kinda late to the party aren't I OH WELL HERE I AM NOW)

On 12/28/2017 at 12:07 AM, thepensword said:

Hello fellow jew!

Hey! I'm Jewish too. I go to a Conservative synagogue, but my family isn't observant--we celebrate all the holidays, though.

• Like 1

hi all! (am I late to this?? also am I doing this right???) I’m Becca. I love writing and photography and musicals. that probably sums me up. I adore broadway shows but I’m usually stuck with online bootlegs/off-broadway productions/soundtracks (not that I’m complaining!!)

in the heights, come from away, dear evan hansen, amelie, hamilton anyone?

also I do write some poetry but I don’t actually read a lot of it. recently I’ve been trying to do so and I discovered a freakin GOD, e. e. cummings!!!! his work is beautiful!!! I’d heard of him before but never really read his stuff. so anyway now I want to find more poets..anyone have suggestions?

(by the way happy new year everyone <3)

25 minutes ago, writeandleft said:

I love writing and photography and musicals. that probably sums me up. I adore broadway shows but I’m usually stuck with online bootlegs/off-broadway productions/soundtracks (not that I’m complaining!!)

Hello musical friend! I also adore musicals. Of the ones you listed I'm a huge fan of Hamilton and In the Heights and I also enjoy Dear Evan Hansen but to a lesser degree. My favorites are the former two and also Waitress and Les Mis. Oh and Once On This Island is like. Incredible. (also Fiddler on the Roof isn't a favorite but it has a special place in my heart as it was the first show I was ever in.) Do you do any theatre yourself?

5 hours ago, thepensword said:

I'm a huge fan of Hamilton and In the Heights and I also enjoy Dear Evan Hansen but to a lesser degree. My favorites are the former two and also Waitress and Les Mis. 

ooh awesome to know you love lin manuel miranda's stuff too! And as for waitress and les mis -- actually, I've just recently gotten tickets to see both of them off broadway! so excited!

5 hours ago, thepensword said:

Do you do any theatre yourself?

if performing entire musicals when I'm home alone counts...(what do you mean it wasn't meant to be a one-person production???)

Posted (edited)

Hello! I apologize for appearing here so late... Anywho, I’m Wandering Monster. I’m 17 years old and live in a small-ish college town the southeast. I’m a she/her pronouns sorta person, but I’m hardly feminine in the slightest. I’ve been writing stories for ages, but writing poetry is a recent thing I discovered and I love it. I’ve been reading the Slam for about a year (and reading Cicada since I was 14) but I only worked up the courage to start posting pieces a few months ago. 

Some things about me I guess? I’m kind of a Sci-Fi geek as well as an amateur artist. I love things like Owl City and Undertale and Night in the Woods [I relate to that game too much]. ..Also I’m really small and half of my hair spikes up so everyone refers to me as ‘hedgehog.’

Edited by WanderingMonster

On 1/6/2018 at 2:16 PM, writeandleft said:

in the heights, come from away, dear evan hansen, amelie, hamilton anyone?

amelie and come from away and in the heights have been on my To-Watch List for. f o r e v e r?? im mostly into dear evan hansen, falsettos, rent, bye bye birdie, grease, west side story (if the sharks are actually puerto rican instead of Mostly Latin@ And Then The Love Interest Is A White Girl like. dkfvjnkdfj p l e a s e jsu t-), and hedwig and the angry itch, be more chill, something rotten, 21 chump street, legally blond, and little shop of horrors, and im in the middle of watching fun home + firebringer so theres. A Lot There I Guess ?

• Like 1

current number of classic lit characters ive gone out of my way to project on and reason out why they might be gay: 8

6 hours ago, conradbirdie said:

and im in the middle of watching fun home + firebringer so theres. A Lot There I Guess ?

me, ominously chanting: FUN HOME FUN HOME FUN HOME

• Like 1

he/him pronouns please!
butch dysphoria is real

On 11/4/2017 at 4:55 PM, The Invincible Troodon said:

Talking Heads

They Might Be Giants

The High Kings

Simon & Garfunkel

Indigo Girls

Ani DiFranco

Green Day

The Dead Milkmen

Beck

Calle 13

Tim Minchin

Iron & Wine

The Strokes

Radiohead

Da Vinci's Notebook

Marchfourth

Musicals

... I need to be stopped.

omg i love They Might Be Giants SOOOO much!! dont see too many poeple who are into them lol

• Like 1

:93_heart-computer:SpOoKs:67_rose::10_devil:

Hey guys, i'm a little late to really exploring the site but wow i love it! my name is Lillian and i am 18 years old, i've been off and on the slam for about 4 years now, i really enjoy writing but honestly i just am awful about making time for it however i am really trying to work on that this year. I am from a little town in Georgia, i am from a fairly large family (7 siblings, TBH it doesnt seem really big to me but i did grow up with that so i suppose im just biased) i am a total nerd, largely for random trivia and etymology, also i am in way too many fandoms for my own good. i love fairy tales and mythology and so much else. so yeah thats a little splurge about myself. 

• Like 1

:93_heart-computer:SpOoKs:67_rose::10_devil:

Hey! I don't really know what I'm doing, but it seems like the thing to do is to write a bit about myself, so here goes.

You can call me Jane! I'm into art, music, writing, reading, films, comics, etc... I just kind of dabble around in anything I find interesting. By daytime I'm an art student, by nighttime I'm a sleep-deprived art student (trust me-- they are entirely different beings). 

I love The Decemberists, Sufjan Stevens, my cat, Radiohead, Franz Kafka, surrealist paintings, and podcasts. 

Though I've been reading Cicada for years, I'm very new to the slam. I look forward to getting to know this site, and all of you creators out there, a little bit better! 

• Like 2

kicks m leg hiya !!! 

i'm izaak ?? i'm super new wheeze so a million apologies if i mess something up!

um i like bears. as you can probably tell by my username lmao. i draw a lot and im super into green aesthetics (u can see all o' that over on my tumblr at bearajuana wink wonk) i write a lot of gay shit but idk if ill post a lot of it here? probably mostly just rambles or rps ?? i never have any idea what i'm doing

i have? a lot of interests? anime and books mainly. hit me up with free / haikyuu stuff or six of crows / harry potter stuff because i'm aggressive eye emoji at that goodness

i have a far too long list of bands and music that im in love with on such a high level its kind of concerning

also im gay. really really gay. i love my boyfriend

lastly: i don't care if this is wrong but i heavily believe that plural form of anus is ani and past tense of wink is wunk. fight me (don't actually)

• Like 2
  • Love! 1

On 1/14/2018 at 8:11 PM, bearboy said:

i heavily believe that plural form of anus is ani and past tense of wink is wunk.

i'm down for that man 
also more than one moose is meese just sayin

welcome to the slam!!