Attention, CICADA community!
  • It’s time to say goodbye—the community at cicadamag.com is now closed. Learn more...

3 hours ago, queenie_flower said:

@bearboy six of crows is one of my favorite things ever let’s be friends

PLEASE i need someone to yell about matthias and the end of kingdom of crows ,,, so many e m o t i o n s

31 minutes ago, flamecoloredglowstick said:

i'm down for that man 
also more than one moose is meese just sayin

welcome to the slam!!

thank you !! and i completely agree. the english language can fight me

9 minutes ago, bearboy said:

plural of beef: beeves
plural of octopus: octopodes

have a nice day

holla holla get dolla

50 minutes ago, flamecoloredglowstick said:

i'm down for that man 
also more than one moose is meese just sayin

agreed, and the plural of house is hice and thats just how life works, ya know?

current number of classic lit characters ive gone out of my way to project on and reason out why they might be gay: 8

19 minutes ago, bearboy said:

9 minutes ago, drowntown said:

plural of beef: beeves
plural of octopus: octopodes

b l e s s all of this

current number of classic lit characters ive gone out of my way to project on and reason out why they might be gay: 8

octopodes is correct i think @drowntown but beef doesn't have a plural form!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he/him pronouns please!
butch dysphoria is real

36 minutes ago, mousecircus said:

but beef doesn't have a plural form!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but what if ... i t  d i d 

(forbidden plural? i must consume)

little known fact that i just made up: the proper singular of beeves is boof

• Like 2

2 hours ago, conradbirdie said:

and the plural of house is hice and thats just how life works, ya know?

clearly

don't listen to anyone who tries to tell you anything else

its  l i e s

• Like 1

hello i am alaska, i used to post on the slam as collette and lee i believe. 

ive recently taken up mixed media journaling using pictures as a base to small lines of poetry. i dont tend to write anymore, but i guess i probably should 

• Like 2

Hello, I'm Connor. Well my name isn't Connor but who cares anyway. But for anyone who cares, I'm a dude, a total nerd to the point that it's a miracle that I have a girlfriend. I'm 14, half Athabascan and the other half I'm a boring stupid white person. My life is boring so I'll try my best to write interesting stuff.

• Like 1

what is life without love?

what is love without pain?

what is pain without suffering?

but is love suffering?

-Connor

If pants are pants because they have pant legs, shouldn’t shirts be sleeves, because they have shirt sleeves?

If pants are pants because they have pant legs, shouldn’t shirts be sleeves, because they have shirt sleeves?

Hi! I'm Erin. I'm genderfluid(mostly male) and gay. I've been on the slam for about two hours and might post some stuff I've done but most of it is really lengthy and needs to be rewritten. Most of it is weird stuff that's happened in my dreams and the main thing I'm working on right now is an anthology of poems on my failed relationships but with magic and stuff. 

Hi! I'm new to the slam and I like books (probably a bit obvious), writing (also obvious), musicals and I'm getting into fiction podcasts. I use she/her pronouns and also Six of Crows is so good!

respect existence or expect resistance

@queenie_flower Yes yes yes that would be so cool

@short comedian Thank you!

respect existence or expect resistance

I want to join the six of crows club! I love that duology! I read the first book of the Grisha trilogy and I didn't like it as much, but I really liked the fairy tales book that's called The Language of Thorns.

Hey! I've had this account for more than a month now but I'm super shy and bad at committing to things online so I've just been reading your beauiful words and pretending that I have nothing worthwhile to say - but whether or not that's true it's not at all productive to believe so yeah, here I am... I love visual arts and drawing as well as poetry and words and stuff, and you can call me Aster or Piper.

@Apollo's Lover I've been meaning to read Six of Crows for like a year now, but I read the first Grisha book and although I loved the world there was something, maybe the characters? that didn't make me want to continue the series - so if you had the same thing and still say Six of Crows is good, that gives me more incentive to finally get around to reading it!

I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Alana, I use she/her pronouns, and I'm pansexual. I have been here almost two years; I didn't post much on the old slam, but I was there and now I'm here! I joined as soon as I turned 13 because that was how old you had to be. I've been writing for a long time, but I never shared my stuff before the slam. I'm an atheist, but I still go to church because I like the constancy and ritual of it. I also love etymology @spookylillu ! I mostly read fiction, especially fantasy, but I don't read much poetry. As for music, I listen to a pretty wide variety. I listen to some pop like Lorde, and there's a couple kpop bands I like. I really enjoy traditional folk music, but I was raised on classical and rock, and that's still what I like. I actually thought Boris the Spider by The Who was a nursery rhyme until quite recently! As some of you already know, Rush is my favorite. Music is so important to me! It's so nice to see all these great people here!