*insert big emphatic keysmash here*

oh the new site is so pretty!! i love it :~) i'm violet i'm 16 i love to read and write and also SCREAM about my interests. i could talk about my favorite bands for hours but!! that's for another thread. tell me about yourselves, y'all!

they/them pronouns please
i love you all

also!! i'm a reform jew (technically speaking i'm not officially one yet but) and i'm getting mikveh'd on sunday november 5th!!!!

• Like 2

i love you all

im logan ive been here for 2 years im gay/nonbinary and i just got done skyping my datemate (yeet) im doing nanowrimo this year and i have 1667 words written

YEET

• Like 1

holla holla get dolla

I love the new site too! My name is Troodon, I'm fifteen, and I'm genderfluid. I've been too busy with my school's production of Hamlet this autumn to post anything recently, but I love the Slam and all you Slammers! 

What are some of your favorite bands? I'd love to know.

1 hour ago, The Invincible Troodon said:

I love the new site too! My name is Troodon, I'm fifteen, and I'm genderfluid. I've been too busy with my school's production of Hamlet this autumn to post anything recently, but I love the Slam and all you Slammers! 

okay so ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS the mountain goats. went to their concert here in charlotte (pics) and almost died! not RLY but ykno??

also: car seat headrest (twin fantasy especially), tegan & sara, carly rae jepsen (EMOTION), perfume genius, flatsound.

i love you all

This is a great idea! I'm queenie_flower (if you knew my real, hard-to-pronounce name it'd make sense) and I love (among other things) to read and write and make art and learn cool stuff. I've been reading the Slam for about three years, but only been posting for a few months.

On 11/2/2017 at 4:55 PM, woundedBirds said:

im logan ive been here for 2 years im gay/nonbinary and i just got done skyping my datemate (yeet) im doing nanowrimo this year and i have 1667 words written

YEET

I did nanowrimo last year and I was a trainwreck who wrote too sporadically so I didn't this year. Your excerpts are making me regret not doing it.

2 hours ago, The Invincible Troodon said:

i dont?? have any particular band im a diehard fan for??? i am a slut for indie music tho dkjgsdlkgjsdlkfjs (which is most of what my datemate sends me bc they're a Known Writer and they make playlists for their stories)

holla holla get dolla

Just now, queenie_flower said:

I did nanowrimo last year and I was a trainwreck who wrote too sporadically so I didn't this year. Your excerpts are making me regret not doing it.

fear not it's never too late

real talk tho it's day four and im already about 2500 words behind yikes 

newest excerpt: image.png.1a44df979e30707bf80dc34aa35ec042.png

• Like 1

holla holla get dolla

Talking Heads

They Might Be Giants

The High Kings

Simon & Garfunkel

Indigo Girls

Ani DiFranco

Green Day

The Dead Milkmen

Beck

Calle 13

Tim Minchin

Iron & Wine

The Strokes

Radiohead

Da Vinci's Notebook

Marchfourth

Musicals

... I need to be stopped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Invincible Troodon said:

Talking Heads

They Might Be Giants

The High Kings

Simon & Garfunkel

Indigo Girls

Ani DiFranco

Green Day

The Dead Milkmen

Beck

Calle 13

Tim Minchin

Iron & Wine

The Strokes

Radiohead

Da Vinci's Notebook

Marchfourth

Musicals

... I need to be stopped.

omigod. I love simon and garfunkel, green day, calle 13 too!

-Hydralio

I'm Marshall. I've been here for-Jesus Christ has it really been almost 4 years? Wow. I'm a pansexual demiboy (There's a whole nother mess of labels but those are in my bio if you're really curious) and I've grown up here. I'm such a sucker for music in general I'm really not very picky. It's so awesome to finally meet you outside of reading all your stuff!

• Like 2

Not quite sure where I'm going, but I'm going somewhere, that's for sure.

ey there, i'm mouse, have been here for mmmm 4 years? 5? was under small.sparrow for awhile! i work in a public library and at a publishing house/radio station and i write a lot of poetry. a lot of it. i'm the worst at writing intros. the WORST. for a long time i was hella stan for certain bands, but lately i have gotten too tired (re: depressed) to keep up, THO i'm always (truly) listening to nothing,nowhere and levi the poet. i also love podcasts like on being. always up for podcast recs. IN FACT, i'm going to start a page for it. :)

• Like 1

mouse / she/her.

Hey, I'm Emily I've been on the slam for almost a year now, and I'm  uhhh I'm really not sure how to introduce myself. I identify as a pansexual female. I'm more of a math kind of person, but I still love to read, and write(obviously, why else would I be on the slam). I like to listen to The Eagles, and Hamilton. I guess some fun facts about me are that I've broken my left leg twice, and my all time favorite painting is The Last Audience of the Hapsburgs. 

• Like 1

hey guys! i'm saoirse, i'm 15, this is my first year on the slam, i'm a dude from the pacific northwest. i'm really into poetry (both writing and reading). my work currently has a lot of themes of rot and decay... but in a nice way??? i don't know, man, all i want is to lay down in the middle of the woods. really excited to get to know y'all.

• Like 2

saoirse. he/him.

if you really loved me you'd take me to a national park and leave me there.

On 11/2/2017 at 4:51 PM, violet said:

also!! i'm a reform jew (technically speaking i'm not officially one yet but) and i'm getting mikveh'd on sunday november 5th!!!!

Congratulations! I hope it was a good experience. Cleansing and everything. It sounds like a very symbolic experience.

3 hours ago, rat-kid said:

hey guys! i'm saoirse, i'm 15, this is my first year on the slam, i'm a dude from the pacific northwest. i'm really into poetry (both writing and reading). my work currently has a lot of themes of rot and decay... but in a nice way??? i don't know, man, all i want is to lay down in the middle of the woods. really excited to get to know y'all.

omfg hi!!! im from the PNW as well-- i go to college in bellevue!! idk if the PNW is more than just washington sdgkjklgjskfs im just excited that someone else is from around here (what do you think of the snow!)

(also i lOVE YOUR NAME are you by chance a fan of the movie Song of the Sea)

• Like 1

holla holla get dolla

11 hours ago, woundedBirds said:

omfg hi!!! im from the PNW as well-- i go to college in bellevue!! idk if the PNW is more than just washington sdgkjklgjskfs im just excited that someone else is from around here (what do you think of the snow!)

(also i lOVE YOUR NAME are you by chance a fan of the movie Song of the Sea)

hi! have you been to the stone gardens climbing gym in bellevue? (i’m frickin ecstatic about the snow, except it was snowing when i went for a run yesterday and that was kind of cool at first but after awhile it just sucked.)

i’ve seen song of the sea, yes. have you watched the secret of kells? it’s in the same style and i’m pretty sure it’s done by the same people.

saoirse. he/him.

if you really loved me you'd take me to a national park and leave me there.

1 hour ago, rat-kid said:

hi! have you been to the stone gardens climbing gym in bellevue? (i’m frickin ecstatic about the snow, except it was snowing when i went for a run yesterday and that was kind of cool at first but after awhile it just sucked.)

i’ve seen song of the sea, yes. have you watched the secret of kells? it’s in the same style and i’m pretty sure it’s done by the same people.

i love secret of kells omfg

i havent been to the gym but im a HOE for daiso :000

holla holla get dolla

5 hours ago, The Invincible Troodon said:

The Pacific Northwest is arguably the best thing to ever happen to me. I love living here. Good to see others here do too! (For a while I thought everyone here was from the East Coast.)

omfg hello fellow Pacific Northwestern! if youre comfortable sharing, are you in washington too? :000

holla holla get dolla

Hey! So I'm X_of_Coins. My Real name is weird. I've been on the Slam for a little over not long enough. I love reading and writing. I've got like 15 billion novel ideas stuck in my head but  I can never manage to write them down. It's weird. I'm kind of Boring I really only talk about the same things all the time. Animals (they are awesome), Shows (Supernatural, Doctor who, Crimes, and at the moment The Good Doctor who's totally awesome), Music (Paganini and Beethoven are my pals but don't tell Buddy), My Violin (He even has a name), and the crushing fear I have of adulting! Anyway I'm glad to finally meet you all!

8 hours ago, The Invincible Troodon said:

Sadly, no. I'm in Oregon.

oh damn sdkfjlsdfjsl ive been to portland like once? and my ex boyfriend is down in oregon :0 apparently driving through kelso, according to my qpp, is trumpland 

holla holla get dolla

Hey! I have been on here for just short of 5 years. I don't write much anymore, but I really want to get back to it. Being a stem major in college has taken time away from my love of reading and writing. I love getting to read all work posted here, and will lurk for ever. Hopefully I can get back to writing before I age out!

• Like 4