So, I have some original characters that I kinda love, and I figured that this would be as good of a place to introduce them as any. Please feel free to put your own here, too, this isn’t just a me-dumping-my-writing-on-you thing. I wanna hear more about these nanowrimo characters, and any others you creative people have come up with. I will say, out of the following four, only the first two exist in the same universe.

Favorite characters I’ve made:

Elsie Coltrane Ross
Med student. Red Angel any other time, because with her mercy comes blood. Doesn’t use like real weapons bc she wants to give her victims the honor of a fight. No real family but self-named “Den Daddy Renner” is good enough. Has exploded a spaghetti squash.
Memorable quote: “If I ask you if that’s blood, you’re not supposed to answer that with a question.”

Hugo Kestrel
Big bro and little bro. Goes by Aves when he’s busy saving Red Angel’s life. Not really sure if he’s in love with Elsie or just like absorbed her into himself. Will take apart anything and draw it and put it back together even better. Eats lemon frosting by the bowlful.
Memorable quote: “That, or you're just too terrifying to have people be like, ‘holy shit! I gotta have her kiss my infant daughter!’” 

Tessa Emilian
A living queer queen with a taste for girls and politics and paint and shipping people she sees on the street. Lives with the guilt of the maybe-death of  her older bro. Stronger than everyone and will stab anyone with her stiletto heels who says otherwise. Loves her girlfriend Mahalia, who is Military but also a Cinnamon Roll.
Memorable quote: “Look, I don’t ask for much in life, but just this once, could you not question my madness for like ten minutes? I know it’s three-forty in the morning, and I refuse to share my mac and cheese.”

Noah Rowle
Loves making his friends uncomfortable, but then hates when anyone else does. Sarcastic. A little space invasive. Down for movie nights but not people stealing his cookie dough or sharing his chair. Jealous of his best friend. Wore a beanie like once and now will never forget it because his friends are all terrible.
Memorable quote: “What does ambition have to do with you throwing all the good pillows other than both involving me leaving?”

• Like 2

omfg this is awesome and i love your memorable quotes so fucking much sdkfjsdjfs most of my characters are living shitposts and i dont even know if ripping shiro and keith as the mains of my nanowrimo autobio AU fic counts as 'original' (hint: it totally doesnt) but im doing this anyways bc it's all i got for the moment 

shiro: 19, apparently. fond of yoga pants and eyeliner. and fuzzy white coats. is very tall and dabs unironically. has 55k instagram followers and runs a gang of kids who dont know what theyre doing. chaotic good.

keith: like, 16 or 17. terribly gay and a pining fool to boot. dresses like an emo scene kid, because it's just that phase in his life. short and forever angry about it. a living meme. writes sappy poetry and is a whole mess. true neutral.

matt: side hoe. probably 18. hasnt been Formally Introduced yet, but keith is always texting him, or skyping him, or drawing comics for him, or writing poetry to send him. as far as the reader knows so far, matt is probably fairly normal compared to keith and shiro's shenanigans. (oh, no. ohohoho no.) chaotic neutral.

lemme know if u want the shitty mspaint doodles i did of keith n shiro *dabs*

• Like 1

holla holla get dolla

9 hours ago, woundedBirds said:

shiro: 19, apparently. fond of yoga pants and eyeliner. and fuzzy white coats. is very tall and dabs unironically. has 55k instagram followers and runs a gang of kids who dont know what theyre doing. chaotic good.

oh god this is great

'dabs unironically' i'm laughing thank you for this 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aflamecoloredglowstick said:

oh god this is great

'dabs unironically' i'm laughing thank you for this 

the person i based shiro off of is sitting next to me right now howling sdkfjskdfjs 

holla holla get dolla

1 hour ago, woundedBirds said:

the person i based shiro off of is sitting next to me right now howling sdkfjskdfjs 

omfg yes that's great

there's just something about the idea of unironic dabbing that gets me and i don't know why 

• Like 2

i'm procrastinating on test prep right now so have a list of the absolute fucking disasters!! that my nanowrimo characters this year are

Cody: 15, sophomore in high school. has friends who keep a list of why he's a perfect all american boy. is not at all a perfect all american boy. cries in the bathroom at least twice, probably more. is he gay?? who knows??? doesn't let anyone tell him what to do, usually. there are exceptions. ummm what else... yeah i think that's about it for notable traits he has.

Nicole: also 15, also a sophomore in high school. sort has a crush on cody, but it's confusing as hell. smart, has short hair and like three younger brothers. takes no shit from anyone. 

Hayden: way more of a salty asshole than i meant him to be and that's really all there is to say. and he kissed cody once. 

Val: plays soccer, wears a varsity jacket. and he wore a dress to the school dance because nicole said that he should. has a missing boyfriend and is upset about it. also his full name is valintin sanchini and it's honestly kind of the worst.

Dez: so he was meant to be like... mystery incarnate or something, but now he's a ray of sunshine with mommy issues who dresses like a republican man who goes hunting for fun. 

i might post more excerpts if anyone's interested but i don't want to spam the forums y'know 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, aflamecoloredglowstick said:

cries in the bathroom at least twice, probably more. is he gay?? who knows???

......mood

42 minutes ago, aflamecoloredglowstick said:

now he's a ray of sunshine with mommy issues who dresses like a republican man who goes hunting for fun. 

MOOD OMFG DSKGJDFJSFS

• Like 1

holla holla get dolla

Ooo, characters. Following today's theme of sharing tidbits about my current (Sherlock fanfiction) novel...

the leads:

Catrin Jones - Graduate student at University College London, specializing in cryptography and cryptanalysis; did undergraduate work in mathematics and linguistics. Works in a coffee shop and hates tea, despite being from the Mumbles, Wales. Runs stairs and does aikido/judo in her spare time. Does yet not realize her own badassery.

Emily Bagnall (Em) - Catrin's best friend and co-worker. Studies cello at the Royal Academy of Music. Loves a good adventure, but primarily when they occur in science fiction novels and are accompanied by blankets and tea. 

Guy Oliver - The everyman, if the everyman were a violent political insurrectionist with a massive criminal following. The hero of another story. 

Sherlock Holmes - Consulting detective extraordinaire. Damaged, delusional, and believes in a higher power - in this case, himself.

John Watson - The soldier, in every sense. Currently most preoccupied with raising his daughter, Rosie. 

the others:

Molly Hooper - Medical examiner at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital. More awkward than not, but a knowledgeable and trustworthy friend.

Mycroft Holmes - The elder brother, and effectively the British government. The fate of the free world depends on his laptop. 

Mrs. Hudson - Landlady of 221B Baker Street. Grandmotherly, but with a sordid past and a sports car. Generally a plot device, but a good one.

Greg Lestrade - Detective Inspector with Scotland Yard. Works with Sherlock out of both friendship and necessity. 

Sally Donovan - Detective Sergeant with Scotland Yard; Lestrade’s trusted right hand. Dislikes Sherlock and co. on principle, but is fundamentally decent person and determined to do right as she sees it. 

...and definitely others, but too many to list. 

ᚐᚅᚋ 

I have a bunch of characters, but for now, I'll introduce the ones from my novella and some other miscellaneous OCs

Corryn of Thestra - a town witch who goes on a quest to rescue her brother and falls in love along the way. Has twenty years of compulsory heterosexuality to get over.

Circe the Witch - I basically took the concept of Circe and just completely changed basically everything about her. She's a lonely lesbian and wants Corryn to hold her hand.

Medra the Wanderer - Corryn's brother, a merchant. He likes cats and is a big dork.

Cairn - a sanguine-insectivore vampire who's a bit of a jerk and has 2.5 friends. She's a Thief of Blood and loves moths

Thestra - an OC from the Xenaverse; she survived the fire of Cirra and really wants to get back at Xena, but the Fates told her she won't be the one to kill her. She makes money as a traveling fool and honors Dionysus.

O. Captain / Cap / Nevermore || fae/faer, they/them, it/its, neutral pronouns

your local space captain and eldritch horror extraordinaire

On 11/14/2017 at 4:19 PM, flamecoloredglowstick said:

a ray of sunshine with mommy issues

MOOD!

• Like 1

they/them pronouns please
i love you all

Okay so I'm not doing NaNoWriMo this year but these are some characters I made:

Cecil, too old to be named Cecil. The sweetest juggling, pop-music-loving, facial-hairless rich-kid-grown-up you’ll ever meet. Wants to travel, but is too afraid of foreigners hating him for the sins of his home country. Tries really hard when it isn’t needed, but the second someone asks he gets really lazy. Cried when he realized that after two and a half years of studying Spanish he could only understand half of the lyrics to “Despacito.”

Jack, hardcore musical theater nerd. Spent hours trying to get Hamilton tickets, but failed. Learning ASL for his brother’s girlfriend’s kid from a previous marriage. The kid just wants LEGOs. Borderline workaholic, despite only taking two Poli-Sci classes this semester and working nights at Safeway. His optimism consistently clashes with both the course material and the people who shop at Safeway past 10pm.

Marianne, low threshold for decision fatigue. Can’t remember who she voted for in the last local elections. Has stopped trying at all. Uses “mm-hmm” for yes and “mm-m” for no so she has more plausible deniability. Gets bored when a song lasts for more than two minutes. Might be depressed, if the problem were her and not the entire friggin world. Only seventeen, but hates anyone below twenty-five as a general rule.

sam way too edgy doesnt believe in punctuation no one gets him tries to connect everything to marxism but says humans dont deserve justice so maybe this is fine hates being asked to show his work overuses the term cultural appropriation has good grades for some reason

Orion, Jack’s sort-of half nephew. LEGO fanatic. Only has one friend, and she lives in the same town as his dad. Refuses to wear jeans or any pants that aren’t sweatpants. Once asked if there was Tinder but for friendships and his teacher sent him to the school counselor’s office, so now he’s part of a “Lunch Buddy Group” every Monday. Always does the extra credit work before his actual homework but sometimes forgets to do the second part.

Orion’s LEGOs, trying to be an important metaphor but always missing the point.

All of them make me sad, though.

19 minutes ago, The Invincible Troodon said:

Cried when he realized that after two and a half years of studying Spanish he could only understand half of the lyrics to “Despacito.”

ME but i took four years sdkgjlsdfjs and i still  dont understand despacito

20 minutes ago, The Invincible Troodon said:

doesnt believe in punctuation

im crying all ur characters are so relatable i lvoe them so much

holla holla get dolla