Sign in to follow this  
Autumn

Looking ahead/Checking in

Looking ahead/Checking in  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite thing about the new Slam?

• Chat and RP forums
    • Improved post formatting
    • Real-time posting
    • Profile pages
  2. 2. We'll be able to show you all kinds of different media now that we're digital. What are you most excited about?

• Animations
    • Video
    • Podcasts
    • Music/audio
  3. 3. Which member of Team CICADA should we throw into the Eternal Pit to appease the Great and Ravenous Worm?

• Autumn
    • Jacqui
    • Debby
    • Adrienne
    • Maria
  4. 4. What kinds of new weekly features would you like to see?

• Horoscopes
    • Book recs
    • More polls!
    • Prompts and mini-challenges
  5. 5. So this is just a hypothetical question, but if we were to, say, abandon our lowly flesh-shells and upload our collective consciousness to a robot body, would you still trust us?

• Yes
    • No
    • I never trusted you.
    • Beep bloop bleep.
    • I thought you were already robots.
  6. 6. What area of the new and improved Slam is your favorite haunt?

• Poetry
    • Fiction
    • Creative Nonfiction
    • Whatever
    • RP
    • Survey Says
  7. 7. Say you're reading in bed at night. What are you looking at?

• Laptop
    • Tablet
    • Phone
    • Print or bust!
    • E-reader

Question

With the rollout of shiny new digital CICADA right around the corner, we just wanted to take a quick moment to check in with you, our lovely readers/Slammers. We'd like to hear about your hopes and dreams for CICADA in the future! Please take a moment to give us your thoughts.

Editor by day, ageless and nameless shadow-thing of many eyes and many arms by night. Longs to return to the warm primeval seas.

4 answers to this question

I'm really gonna miss the print editions...Will we still be able to order older editions in print? 

• Like 1

Not quite sure where I'm going, but I'm going somewhere, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Short_comedian said:

I'm really gonna miss the print editions...Will we still be able to order older editions in print? 

ooo yeah i was wondering about that too......especially about Best of the Slam 2017 participants?? Will those extra copies still come in the mail?

and it would be really cool to be able to purchase print editions of past issues from an archive.....

holla holla get dolla

21 hours ago, Short_comedian said:

Yeah, we're going to miss print too. But we think the digital edition will be really cool too!

You can always purchase back issues here, too: https://shop.cricketmedia.com/cicada-back-issues.html

Editor by day, ageless and nameless shadow-thing of many eyes and many arms by night. Longs to return to the warm primeval seas.

20 hours ago, woundedBirds said:

ooo yeah i was wondering about that too......especially about Best of the Slam 2017 participants?? Will those extra copies still come in the mail?

and it would be really cool to be able to purchase print editions of past issues from an archive.....

Best of the Slam 2017 will be appearing in our very first digital issue (Jan/Feb 2018)--it's shaping up to be pretty cool! Slammers with work in BotS will get access to the issue in which their work appears. Plus, we'll post the works in our blog.

You can find our back issues here: https://shop.cricketmedia.com/cicada-back-issues.html