Friendly neighborhood editor-person here, wondering what you're reading at the moment! Tell us a bit about it!

(Personally, I've just picked up the new Welcome to Night Vale novel, It Devours!)

Editor by day, ageless and nameless shadow-thing of many eyes and many arms by night. Longs to return to the warm primeval seas.

Jack Reacher (One of them I don't have it with me to see what one) by Lee Child. Seriously Jack is probably one of my favorite characters ever.

I'm currently reading Lab Girl (Hope Jahren), a memoir of a female scientist who specializes in biogeochemistry; The Gene: An Intimate History (Siddhartha Mukherjee), which is about the history of the field of genetics; In the Wake: On Blackness and Being (Christina Sharpe), which is assigned reading for my literature class, but also an incredible examination of what it means to be Black in the aftermath of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade; and The Hobbit (Tolkien), a yearly pilgrimage. There are so many others I want to read and want others to read, but I'm not sure if here is the place to enumerate them...

• Like 1

ᚐᚅᚋ

@Ainm my grandma read Lab Girl and she bought a copy of it for my aunt, for xmas!

i'm currently reading difficult women for the second time this year bc it's what i Need to read rn, you know? and after that i'm going to work my way thru the massive pile of library books in the living room.

they/them pronouns please
i love you all

omfg i love welcome to night vale!! im a bit behind on the podcast itself (only on episode 104 or something) because i can't afford a smartphone right now and i really want to check It Devours! out from a library when it's available :0

other than that, i recently read The Big, Bad Book of Botany: The World's Most Fascinating Flora by Michael Largo and some poetry books assigned to class (Native Guard by Natasha Trethewey, Citizen: an American Lyric by Claudia Rankine, [Insert] Boy by Danez Smith, and The Big Smoke by Adrian Matejka) which are all fantastic and i especially recommend [Insert] Boy to queer/transmasc people bc Danez Smith is a treasure and i love their writing

holla holla get dolla

Currently trying to make my way through John Locke's "An Essay Concerning Human Understanding" and "Treatsies" for AP Lang. Also in the middle of re-reading Patrick Rothfuss's Kingkiller Chronicles. The wait for the 3rd book is unbearable.

Not quite sure where I'm going, but I'm going somewhere, that's for sure.