Attention, CICADA community!
  • It’s time to say goodbye—the community at cicadamag.com is now closed. Learn more...
Short_comedian

Two Truths and a Lie-With A Twist

My favorite game to get to know people with is two truths and a lie. It's a game where two (or more) people take turns giving three statements about themselves and one of those statements must be a lie. The others have to guess which is a lie. So I was thinking, we should play two truths and a lie (in the comments) but the lie is a truth for one of your ORIGINAL characters. Bonus points if you can guess the specific character. I'll go first:

1.) I am 5' 9"

2.) I have been to Pride

3.) I have almost lost a toe to a fan once.

Not quite sure where I'm going, but I'm going somewhere, that's for sure.

Aww yess I like this plan. 

I think number three is your lie, mostly because I don’t think Matthias went to Pride in the civil war era. I mean you could be not 5’9”, but your username has been short_comedian for years. Even though 5’9” is like, above average.

okay, for me now:

1) I have been on a plane over ten times in under three years.

2) I can probably cook to save my life if given instructions beforehand. Specific ones.

3) I have used tampons as a weapon.

@queenie_flower i think your lie is number one, because holy shit?? HOW and also tampons are very good weapons via intimidation @ most cishet boys dkjgldsdkgjs

okie dokie

1. ive been to every state in the west half of the US except New Mexico, Cali, and Arizona

B) i got hella vertigo in the forest once and fell over for a couple minutes because i couldnt get up

iii. my cat and rabbit both died within days of each other while my parents were in italy

holla holla get dolla

1) i’ve had 30+ surgeries—i lost count when i was 5.

2) i’m an only child. 

3) my best friend lives in sacramento. 

he/him pronouns please!
butch dysphoria is real

5 hours ago, queenie_flower said:

Aww yess I like this plan. 

I think number three is your lie, mostly because I don’t think Matthias went to Pride in the civil war era. I mean you could be not 5’9”, but your username has been short_comedian for years. Even though 5’9” is like, above average.

okay, for me now:

1) I have been on a plane over ten times in under three years.

2) I can probably cook to save my life if given instructions beforehand. Specific ones.

3) I have used tampons as a weapon.

I have been 5'3" since freshman year. Number 2 for you, @queenie_flower

5 hours ago, woundedBirds said:

@queenie_flower i think your lie is number one, because holy shit?? HOW 

...I've been on a plane over fifteen times in three years: an out-of-state college, an out-of-state summer job, and a long-distance partnership add up. Thus:@queenie_flower I'm guessing number two. @woundedBirds Betting on on B. @violet Also guessing number two. 

And now mine: 

one. I'm a mathematics major.
two. I text in morse code when I get bored.
three. I can semi-reliably pick locks. 

ᚐᚅᚋ

@Ainm Number one, though all seem plausible in the context given. All of them seem like they would be traits of one specific character.

17 hours ago, Short_comedian said:

I have been 5'3" since freshman year. Number 2 for you, @queenie_flower

okay so that means a fan nearly cut off one of your toes once @Short_comedian please tell this story. 

21 hours ago, woundedBirds said:

@queenie_flower i think your lie is number one, because holy shit?? HOW and also tampons are very good weapons via intimidation @ most cishet boys dkjgldsdkgjs

wow you broke out the dkjgldsdkgjs for me. Yeah lol as for that @woundedBirds I was born in Europe even though most of my family lives in the US. Hence, before I was three I'd been across the Atlantic over ten times. I think yours is B because even though you seem like exactly the type of person who that would happen to you also seem like the type of person who'd WRITE your shitposts you claim are characters undergoing that.

@violet I feel like more than one of these are plausible but for some reason I just feel like you have siblings. 

@Ainm like Short_comedian said, all of these seem likely for one person to be. I commend you on your skills. I feel like you being a math major is definitely possible, especially with your no-wasted-words writing style that other math people I know have. But still... 1 for you. Partially bc I just want the morse code thing to be true. 

And @Hydra ’Liope,  I think you probably eat pork and beef, again, mostly because it'd be hella cool to be fluent in Spanish. I want to be trilingual, so someone who is fluent in more than one language is automatically very cool. 

Edited by queenie_flower
I maybe almost went sherlock on this and stalked you all before remembering that is really creepy

17 minutes ago, woundedBirds said:

@Ainm 

ok fuck i dont have time to write a full comment im coming back later

I guess I'll just wait here in suspense, then. :P

• Like 1

ᚐᚅᚋ

1. I used to take Italian but now all I can remember how to say is "The woman drinks the beer"

2.I'm allergic to pit-fruits(but I can eat them if they're cooked)

3. I am the drummer for my friend's punk-rock band: The Purple Yak

Edited by Beautifulgarbage

I hope everybody has a marvelously wonderful day! :) 

9 hours ago, queenie_flower said:

I maybe almost went sherlock on this and stalked you all before remembering that is really creepy

go for it :19_laughtears: I don't have anything to hide

also, where you saying that you guessed that me not eating pork or beef is a lie?

-Hydralio

@WanderingMonster,  I'm guessing that one is your lie, and @Beautifulgarbage, I think one?

Here's mine:

1. I am currently enrolled at my local college, even though I'm only fourteen.

2. I have dyed my hair three times, and its current color is black.

3. I have a boyfriend, who I met at my local theater.

Edited by AnnieoF5
Fixing grammar mistakes

@AnnieoF5 @Hydra ’Liope my lie was 3 which so Hydro you were right. I would really love to learn the drums though.  As for Annie the phrase is "La donna bevo la birra" although chances are my grammar sucks. :)

Edited by Beautifulgarbage
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope everybody has a marvelously wonderful day! :) 

On 11/27/2017 at 3:38 PM, AnnieoF5 said:

1. I am currently enrolled at my local college, even though I'm only fourteen.

2. I have dyed my hair three times, and its current color is black.

3. I have a boyfriend, who I met at my local theater.

Oh this one's hard.... um i'm gonna say that 3 is the lie?

okay:

1) i have never had a hamburger 

2) i used to have purple hair

3) i have three little brothers 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2017 at 11:02 AM, Ainm said:

I guess I'll just wait here in suspense, then. :P

@woundedBirds I'm actually really curious... what were you going to say?

ᚐᚅᚋ