conradbirdie

hey how much does a polar bear weigh

enough to break the ice, what's up, y'all? i figured we should maybe try and get the ball rolling over here? have any of y'all rped before, and if so, How Was It, Are You Interested In Doing This More, On Here, Directly On Slam?

personally, im a major fan of rp and have been for a while bc i mean. collaborative storytelling? Sign Me Up! what about y'all, though?

current number of classic lit characters ive gone out of my way to project on and reason out why they might be gay: 8

INFODUMP

'collaborative storytelling' makes it sound way cooler skdlgjdkfjsds im sobbing ok i am ashamed to admit ive been rping since. fucking 2011-12ish to present... (im a huge dork lmao) uh h my most recent Storyline was between two androids trying to figure out their place in the world etc etc (coughsthatchatlogfromearlieristangentiallyrelatedcoughs) anyways uhh yep coming up on 7 gotdamn years of exp thats. wild

fun fact im very embarrassed abt where i learned to rp since it wasn't a server meant for rping to begin with but. here we are (sorry barnes and noble)
currently using an online chat client that makes logs formatted exactly like the one i posted awhile ago... i dont like the format as much since im used to paragraph 3rd person rather than shortaction dialogue-based but it's whatever

i know people that use tumblr blogs for it and boy howdy i cannot

tbh the cicada format would probs be clunky and inconvenient as hell since it's past=>current chronologically and rp kind of relies on the newest posts being on top yknow otherwise it gets very confusing very fast

references for characters could probs all go in one discussion thread tho but it'd have to get pinned so as not to be absolutely fucking buried eventually

i aint exactly excited to try rping on cicada in its present format (see complaints above lmao) but hey yknow aint hurting anything to attempt it i guess but theres def an advantage to one-on-one PMing rps esp for backstory creation etc etc but the closest cicada's got is the status system and that's. iffy sometimes so?

bottom line: i know too much about this stuff probably im sorry

holla holla get dolla

oh big mood my old rps were. Wow. Absolute Gutter Fires. but hey they were fun and helped me improve my writing and I Guess That's What Matters In The End? dude that sounds like a rad storyline, though, neat! my most recent one is uh; Strong Butch Lesbian Daycare Worker tries to low key intimidate Creepy Possible (Definite) Serial Killer. but i literally just took one of my d&d characters for my dude (the lesbian bc When Have I Ever Had A D&D Character Who Was A Woman And Not Had Them Be Sapphic?)

this Is a fun fact! poor barnes and noble server, but that could not be more iconic. im a big fan of paragraph 3rd person for the sake of Actual Story Telling but dialogue based stuff is kinda a Fun Good Time. sometimes. and l i s t e n bud,, i was in the hs fandom long enough to know about ur "online chat client that makes logs formatted exactly like the one i posted awhile ago" and tbh good on you for finding good people to rp w/ on there?? online chat client sites in general are, Hm, Hell

ur right about the cicada format, but lately ive been using skype to rp As Well As chatting w/ folks In The Same Convo Even Though I Could Easily Make Another so im like. the master of clunky

fab idea for character refs! im trying to think of like. How To Make The Format Easier and the only things i can think of are 1) Deal With It (which sucks for obvious reasons) 2) make a discord server (which may not be Actually Allowed, even if folks make a discord account Specifically for this w/o personal info? i have literally no clue)

current number of classic lit characters ive gone out of my way to project on and reason out why they might be gay: 8

3 hours ago, conradbirdie said:

i was in the hs fandom long enough to know

MY SECURITY'S BEEN COMPROMISED WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO
(ksdjgkjdfs pchum ain't as bad as i remember really since im Delving Back Into It after a long-ass hiatus and Everyone Loves Hal so )

barnes and noble tried to shut us down with what we called Lags but we Persevered and kept being little shits where we weren't supposed to be lmao

as for discord i can't get to that from home (siteblockers via district-issue computer) but skype's a sure bet and ive given that to cap and violet i think since they followed me on tumblr? idk if you Really Wanted To pchum has a PMing system that cicada doesnt and it's completely anonymous so contact info-sharing might be best bet through there lmao

*ollies outie*

holla holla get dolla

for all my 'oh wait no. o h n  o im going to be drawing dave strider for 5 year olds for all my life' i never actually finished the webcomic but i can Safely Say: Yeah Dude

o h  h o n e y  n o ,, poor barnes + noble, part 2, but i admire ur persistence(?)

makes sense, dude! skypes a definite yeah for me too, i just gotta check i dont have like Definitive Info on there and im all good. i dont have a tumblr for Various Reasons, havnt used pchum in f o r e v e r but i can go for that if hat works for u? but rn im still in the midst of finals so i May Need To. Wait. And Finish My Sub-Par Paper

• Like 1

5 hours ago, conradbirdie said:

im still in the midst of finals so i May Need To. Wait. And Finish My Sub-Par Paper

fuck dude ive been on break for a week sdfkjgfds

(i would Die for the striders. all of them. davepeta included

• Like 1

holla holla get dolla

9 hours ago, woundedBirds said:

fuck dude ive been on break for a week sdfkjgfds

oh shit, thats lucky!! ive got like. All online classes this semester, so they're not all conjoined, and thus,, Dont Know When In The World The Other Classes Are Finishing. ive had finals week for the last like,, 3 weeks rip
(hey Big Mood! bro can choke tho)

• Like 1

Jesus connie do you live on this site now? That sounded mean. I’m happy you’re around and that you’re giving us content! (That doesn’t say much about me though, that I know that you’re constantly here) 

yeah it’s been midterms this week and two days of next week for me and I am 11/10 procrastinating and not preparing enough.

Ok well hello there. I haven't RPed in like...forever. It was in my days of being middle school aged and we all know how THAT usually goes so I'm sure it was hella cringey. But yeah, I remember having fun. Valid complaints about the slam not being a great format for RPing but hey, it could be fun to give it a go. (also, full honesty here: I read the first 2 1/2 posts in this thread and then got lazy and scrolled all the way down to type this so if I missed anything important...sorry.)

(oh yeah and i'm kinda new to the revamped slam (i posted occasionally on the old one) so i'm sure you're all fairly familiar with each other at this point so i apologize if me appearing suddenly and posting everywhere is weird and stuff but like. i have a tendency to just insert myself places and force everyone to get used to me so. here i am.)

• Like 1