Ainm

General housekeeping by Slammers

I thought it might be useful to have a forum for general internal housekeeping/community things we want to address. 

First off: I was thinking that we ought to go back to also including any major content/trigger warnings in our titles, as tags aren’t visible on the home page. (Slam admins, if you have any way of making these tags visible on the home page [specifically, the “recent posts” block], that would be lovely.) 

• Like 1

ᚐᚅᚋ

rp forum threads should be newest posts first i think (if anyone disagrees tho speak up)

and ainm's right yeah it's good to be able to tag things

• Like 1

holla holla get dolla

tags show up on forum home pages for me? and YES. TW are important.

• Like 1

mouse / she/her.

tags show up on the home pages for me, too, but maybe it's different on mobile? super, Definite good idea, still!! and agreed about the rp forum threads, otherwise folks have to scroll though forever to get what they want

current number of classic lit characters ive gone out of my way to project on and reason out why they might be gay: 8

Tags show up on the home page for me, but I’m on mobile nearly constantly.

Also @Autumn @CICADA look we made a suggestion box here please come check it out we know you’re all-knowing and all-seeing but I feel like we should formally summon you.

Edited by queenie_flower
WAIT I CANT TYPE
  • Like 1

Clarification: Tags do show up on forum homepages, but they don't (at least in my experience) in the "recent posts" block on the main homepage (the cicadamag.com one), and since that's where everyone logs in (/scrolls through new posts, if you're me), I figure we ought to make sure that cw/tw are visible there. Does that make more sense?

[Obligatory disclaimer: am sick and in finals week, so this may not be the most coherent.]

ᚐᚅᚋ

On 12/17/2017 at 10:31 AM, queenie_flower said:

Tags show up on the home page for me, but I’m on mobile nearly constantly.

Also @Autumn @CICADA look we made a suggestion box here please come check it out we know you’re all-knowing and all-seeing but I feel like we should formally summon you.

Thank you for performing the appropriate summoning ritual with the correct number of candles.

On 12/15/2017 at 6:03 PM, Ainm said:

(Slam admins, if you have any way of making these tags visible on the home page [specifically, the “recent posts” block], that would be lovely.)

I'll pass this along to our digital team and see if there's anything they can do--more on this as I get more info.

On 12/15/2017 at 9:15 PM, woundedBirds said:

rp forum threads should be newest posts first i think (if anyone disagrees tho speak up)

Shall pass this along to the digital team, as well.

• Like 1

Normal human editor-person with a normal four-chambered human heart (one owner since new). I love breathing Earth oxygen.

@Autumn can we look at lengthening the window of time allotted to edit posts? i noticed that statuses were 5 minutes, content posts around 20, and im not entirely sure about comments. it'd probs be helpful to be able to edit things just whenever, instead of having to delete and repost if you miss the window and find something later that needs fixed? i dunno (thank u so much)

holla holla get dolla

10 hours ago, drowntown said:

@Autumn can we look at lengthening the window of time allotted to edit posts? i noticed that statuses were 5 minutes, content posts around 20, and im not entirely sure about comments. it'd probs be helpful to be able to edit things just whenever, instead of having to delete and repost if you miss the window and find something later that needs fixed? i dunno (thank u so much)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention—posts should be editable indefinitely now. Please let me know if you're still having trouble with it!

• Like 1

Normal human editor-person with a normal four-chambered human heart (one owner since new). I love breathing Earth oxygen.