Over the Rainbow

Report From the Outer Layer

Coat: Disgustingly purple. There is an excuse in the pockets.

Shirt: Orange with threads of rainbow plaid and creamy buttons up the front. It’s a boy’s if you check the tag.

Skirt: Ties at the waist, swishes below the knees. Floating.

Hair: Lots where it shouldn’t be and less where it should.

Skin: Making space for weight.

I look the most like me and the least like me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

This is a poem about all the mixed feelings I get from my clothing and gender presentation. I'm supposedly a cis girl, but I also don't like it when people perceive me as girly. I feel at home in skirts but also in "boy's" clothes and it makes me so confused. It's fun.

• Like 5

if it helps, you Sincerely, Really dont need to figure anything out! not that you Shouldn't explore ur gender if you want to, just know that (at least from my experience) the pressure of figuring out Who You Are doesn't really need to matter. youve got ur whole life in front of you to try new things and figure stuff out, just do what makes you comfy (and is safe!!) and keep in mind that you dont need to stress too much!

current number of classic lit characters ive gone out of my way to project on and reason out why they might be gay: 8

On 12/15/2017 at 8:58 PM, Over the Rainbow said:

I'm supposedly a cis girl, but I also don't like it when people perceive me as girly. I feel at home in skirts but also in "boy's" clothes and it makes me so confused.

yeah i feel almost exactly the same way minus the skirts

for me it's like 'can i dress like a boy and have strangers think i'm a boy but not be a boy' 

i confuse the heck out of myself, so don't worry you're not alone

i love this.... i love the title... i love hte confusion that comes through, the image warps in the readers mind, much like gender... yeah.

• Like 1

mouse / she/her.